The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mobile phone contract

ultra_supra

hi all.

basically i've had my mobile phone contract with orange about a year n half now & got an upgrade in december ,didn't want any change other than the phone so ...no problems...

then i start checkin my bill few months ago n its gone up by some 40-50quid i went into orange who said i asked for a 1000 txt bundle ,picture messaging bundle n all sorts?!?! by this point i was gettin a tad hacked off cus i hadn't asked for any of this & was told there would be no way of claiming back money ,i checked my paperwork & it states no ticked boxes for added bundles etc,

CONCLUSION: i want to cancel my direct debit & stop payments but can they grab me by the balls for this? people have told me that it won't be a problem they'll just cut you off (which i'm not bothered about) but surely if it was that simple alot of people would be doin it to get a free phone out of the supplier???

yeh i will ring tomorrow once i've completely calmed down lol wasn't in the frame of mind when i was in store, i agree it sounds madness that i can't use my paperwork as proof that i hadn't asked for any 'add ons' otherwise whats the point in the damn contract?!?

if i still don't get anywhere i'll just cancel it anyway cus i must be able to claim back somehow n if i can't then stuff em :protest:

i was going to cancel my DD with vodafone as they were being very silly with my bill .

but be carefull if you do they dont take kindly to this and out of spite can screw your credit rating up

That's a good point actually. We had a company deal many years ago with a phone company, and they kept screwing up the bills. They actually told us to ignore the bills and not pay until they'd sorted it, and when they finally did I paid. However - I found out later (when I was refused a vodafone contract) that they had put a black mark on my credit rating. It was sorted out - once I contacted them they removed it - but I've no doubt Orange would probably do the same if you simply don't pay.

ahh yeh thats a VERY good point cheers peter n craig ,me n the mrs are lookin to buy a house soon so i'm sure it wouldn't bare well on the credit rating front what with mortgage etc

hmmm i'll ring tomorrow and just see what the result is,

as you said irfan i hope they don't try n make out anything was said over the phone and if they have proof of that...:sos:

thanks for all the help anyway!! its made me take a diff view on just cancelling it thats for sure!!!!

Guest StevenSheen

You need to be firm but polite on this one, tell them you have a copy of the contract and no where on it does it state you wanted any kind of bundle attachment. Legally thats your proof and in all fairness they will likely just ask you to fax the contract to them eventually.

Cancelling your direct debit if Im honest and I work for a network...have worked for most of them over the last 7 years, an irate customer telling me there gonna cancel their direct debit if they dont immediatley get results just puts my back up and I just let em go through to the collections agency....

You have a contract thats your binding agreement and thats what you signed for, they have to appreciate that.