The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Specific Wiring Take offs

dandan

Hi Guys,

I could do with a quick answer to any of the following if you can help please? I haven't looked over any wiring diagrams or probed around with my multimeter so far so am not sure yet:

I need to know where I can tap into the following please (1996 non vvti facelift JDM manual TT)?

1. RPM signal (and what voltage range does it operate over: 5v?)

2. 12v when ignition is on and capable of supplying a current draw of up to 5 Amps

3. MAP sensor signal (assume this is 5v max?)

4. TPS signal (again I assume 5v?)

This is for some datalogging I am doing and would like to try to plumb it all in tonight although perhaps I should wait till I get my Fields harness.

Anyway if you can help with any of the above, please do? :)

Ok, here's that lot at the ECU:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/ecu.JPG

Don't know the RPM voltage, but it's a pulsed signal remember, not an analogue one, so the voltage doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't attach a 5amp draw to the ECU power line either, cigarete lighter maybe?

The MAP sensor is 5V max, but the top end of that is going to be inaccurate. Just over 4.2V is where fuel cut occurs IIRC.

TPS max is not 5V, I think it depends on the car. There's a calibration thing on my E01 for TPS and the values I have are 0% = 0.52V, 100%=3.72V.

Thanks Simon, much appreciated.

The pulsed signal for rpm is what I am after. However depending on the car that can be 12 or 5v based. As this is a modern car and it's from an ecu I think it's fair to assume it won't be 12v :)

I'll have to have a further hunt for an ign 12v as I haven't found one that's looks heavy enough for what I am after, cigarette lighter may be suitable although that's powering my Origin B2 at the moment.

Is the TPS output linear on yours from 0v to 3.72v corresponding to 0 - max throttle position?

Anyone know the location of a decent 12v ign feed inside the car or under the bonnet, fairly accessible??

Also does anyone know the voltage vs pressure calibration for the stock map sensor.

Yes, the TPS is linear AFAIK. I've just been out and had a look on the E01 at MAP sensor voltage vs. boost pressure from the Greddy boost sensor. I get:

1.12 V at -0.8 BAR

2.61 V at 0 BAR

4.87 V at 1.24 BAR

with a linear scale in between. One interesting thing I noticed is that the MAP sensor seems to lag fractionally behind the Greddy sensor.

• 1 year later...

Hi mate

Ive just began to fit an e01 and have just took the 12v ignition from me turbo timer wiring harness.

Im in the process of working out which pipe to put the boost control valve onto I have a j spec 1994 tt auto. As there seemes to be what lookes like 4 acturators in stumped.

Also Ive got the external wiring harness but am unsure hwat to connect the anolog and pulse wires to.

Could you please advise id really apreciate it.