The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Socket.

Lukeyboy2k

Thanks. I hear of people retrospectively fitting an active spoiler, has anyone done the same for cruise control?

I have tried, its not that easy.

Some cars have the loom and plugs under the dash for the cruise ecu to plug into, mine did not.

If you want a kit, and feel a bit handy with the soldering iron, i may consider selling all the bits i have :)

It's a nightmare job! 3 power supplies, all sorts of switching for things to de-activate the cruise control (brake pedal/neutral switch in an auto/clutch in a manual etc) in all it joins into (I think) 23 points in the stock loom. Take a look behind your dash panels around the area of the clock. If you don't have a 26-pin (2-row) green block connector, forget it!

I did this on Angies car which didn't have the wiring already in the loom for cruise and did the whole thing with a soldering iron. I wouldn't want to do it again!

I only did it because someone on here said it couldn't be installed retrospectively. Next time I'll try to ignore such comments and accept them as close enough to the truth!

Oh - and the plug in the pic above is for the cruise control throttle cable actuator. It should be taped up to keep moisture out.

It's a nightmare job! 3 power supplies, all sorts of switching for things to de-activate the cruise control (brake pedal/neutral switch in an auto/clutch in a manual etc) in all it joins into (I think) 23 points in the stock loom. Take a look behind your dash panels around the area of the clock. If you don't have a 26-pin (2-row) green block connector, forget it!

I did this on Angies car which didn't have the wiring already in the loom for cruise and did the whole thing with a soldering iron. I wouldn't want to do it again!

I only did it because someone on here said it couldn't be installed retrospectively. Next time I'll try to ignore such comments and accept them as close enough to the truth!

Oh - and the plug in the pic above is for the cruise control throttle cable actuator.

Hmmmm. I was just about to consider looking into it but having read that I think I'll have to make do with controlling my right foot (I'd probably drift off to sleep with CC on anyway).

If you don't have a 26-pin (2-row) green block connector, forget it!

I'm going to attempt to see if I have the necessary wiring for the active spoiler behind my dash - what should I be looking for?

Does anyone with cruise control on their car actually use it on the UK roads? I had this conversation with my Dad the other night and he can't understand why you'd want to use CC over here either :shrug:

Yep.....I use it often on the M/Way. Keeps my speed down to abt 76mph and therfor don`t set off the cameras if one creeps up on me or am daydreaming.