The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any bank holiday plans?

Charlotte

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any marvellous plans (car or otherwise) for this 3 day weekend?

I plan on doing precisely nothing. :)

fun fun fun for you two :D teehee.

Although a weekend of 360 does sound good :)

Is Crackdown that good?

I had thought of a bit of this

But i will be polishing and fettling random parts on my car.

IF ebay traders had their act together and sent an item that was buy it now promptly, id have been exhaust wrapping my manifold and DP, fitting them, fitting the turbo, fitting my oil feed and drains, and basically, completing the turbo side of the car :(

Got new wheels and tyres going on the Supe tomorrow morning and then I'm going to attempt to respray all my black trim to match the car:taped: (cue lots of swearing and a wanted ad for new bits on Sunday)

Then depending on the weather, may attempt to mesh my front bumper and paint my calipers:)

Also polishing up the wifes Z3 ready to put up for sale, so all in all a pretty packed weekend:)

I had thought of a bit of this

[qimg]http://www.classicalvalues.com/Maypole.jpg[/qimg]

But i will be polishing and fettling random parts on my car.

IF ebay traders had their act together and sent an item that was buy it now promptly, id have been exhaust wrapping my manifold and DP, fitting them, fitting the turbo, fitting my oil feed and drains, and basically, completing the turbo side of the car :(

looks fun, her in front looks nice ;)

Is Crackdown that good?

It's not GTA, but lots of fun jumping around the city (very nicely drawn btw, cell shaded) blowing stuff up and killing people. It got a bit of a lukewarm review on release, but it's probably the most fun games I've played on the 360.

Not sure how long it will last though... I've been playing all week and already 'cleansed' two of the three islands on offer (each one having 6 or so bosses).

It's not GTA, but lots of fun jumping around the city (very nicely drawn btw, cell shaded) blowing stuff up and killing people. It got a bit of a lukewarm review on release, but it's probably the most fun games I've played on the 360.

Not sure how long it will last though... I've been playing all week and already 'cleansed' two of the three islands on offer (each one having 6 or so bosses).

are you killling without discrimination? :p

My housemate still has ties to Soton Uni Windsurf Club so he's blagged me a beginners board so he can teach me the ropes down at Calshot/Christchurch/Hill Head tomorrow morning, and possibly Sunday too. Other than that, I'm hoping to enjoy a weekend without having to go anywhere. A real sit on my ass and relax weekend. It's gonna be good!

My housemate still has ties to Soton Uni Windsurf Club so he's blagged me a beginners board so he can teach me the ropes down at Calshot/Christchurch/Hill Head tomorrow morning, and possibly Sunday too. Other than that, I'm hoping to enjoy a weekend without having to go anywhere. A real sit on my ass and relax weekend. It's gonna be good!

Good luck with that. My friend's husband does it in all weathers in the Solent, he's mad but he loves it.

Good luck with that. My friend's husband does it in all weathers in the Solent, he's mad but he loves it.

I've heard people tell my housemate he should quit his job and become a professional windsurfer. I've watched him before now and it didn't seem that special until I tried it once about 2 years ago. Damn difficult and I was knackered after about 20 minutes, but I fancy giving it a go this summer.

Plus, I've seen him go windsurfing in Late October and late January when everyone else is sitting inside escaping the freezing cold. It's obviously the done thing to get as close to hypothermia as possible for them!

Ahhh the joys of taking time off before and after a bank holiday :)

Had yesterday and today off and I've got tuesday and wednesday off next week ;) will be doing some work on the car, finish off claying and polishing it over the weekend with a bit of relaxation thrown in for good measure :)

Plus, I've seen him go windsurfing in Late October and late January when everyone else is sitting inside escaping the freezing cold. It's obviously the done thing to get as close to hypothermia as possible for them!

January 1st. Worthing. Frost on the shore! Hardcore.

Used to Windsurf as much as possible when I lived by the coast. I loved it. If I put on a wetsuit now and had a go the coastguard would probably try and tow me to deeper water.:blink:

This weekend will be spent trying not to spend any money so it's a catching up on some reading weekend.

Guest Geneb

got 2x Full Installs of Cabinets and rackmount SBS servers to install plus about 16 workstations:(

on the upside due to being bank holiday weekend im charging £180.00 per hour ex vat:D :D :D :D :D