The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrids for Sale

Soop Dogg

Right then. I'm selling my hybrids.

These were IanC's old hybrids which were discussed HERE

I fitted them to my car at the end of 2005. I took them off when I bought the Corvette at the end of 2006. In that time I covered about 7,000 miles.

These turbos are in excellent condition - no slop in the spindles and no leaks anywhere. With 550's, FMIC and E-manage, the car was hugely quicker than BPU and kept all of its' driveability and low down 'grunt around town that the sequential system is designed to give. The extra kick at 4k is addictive. (Best to have RLTC fitted for fast launches!!)

Anyway - I'm looking for as close as I can get to £750 for these.(+P&P)

I'm also selling everything else required for the sequential hybrid set-up, such as 550's/resistor pack/E-Manage blue/fields harness/AEM Wideband etc, but I'll post these in separate threads when I've got them all off the car. (550's and resistor pack available now)

Ohh hit me hard....brian :(

I was so close to having these, so close.... yet so far!

Hey - you can still have them - I even have the wideband you said you needed. (That's still on the car - but it could be removed if absolutely necessary....)

:)

Ahh I owned these once too :D

Never actually fitted them to a car though haha.

If I was planning on keeping it I would seriously consider buying these back.

Yeah - I bought these from you as I remember in a motorway services on a pi$$ing wet day after JAE 2005! - shame you didn't get to try these out. Anyway, the time has come to move on - my car will be up for sale soon too.

It's quite sad really to be selling all this stuff that took me so long to get hold of.

Blooming heck, they get about a bit dont they!!

Nice price :)

Didn't you have them too Rob??? :p

I wonder who wants mine (that were yours..... in 50 pieces)? :D

Edit: The hybrids I have are in no way connected to Soop Dog or this sale. They are just a little tired...... tired of being in one piece :)

very interested mate what sort of power were you running with this set up?

Unfortunately I never had it dyno'd.

However, I was running it on the same set-up as Ian C (our technical moderator) who owned them before me and I have it on good authority (from Ian) that they put out about 480hp, maybe pushing towards 500 on a good day at 1.4bar with all other parts being the same.

What I can say is that it certainly felt like that sort of horsepower!

Unfortunately I never had it dyno'd.

However, I was running it on the same set-up as Ian C (our technical moderator) who owned them before me and I have it on good authority (from Ian) that they put out about 480hp, maybe pushing towards 500 on a good day at 1.4bar with all other parts being the same.

What I can say is that it certainly felt like that sort of horsepower!

Wow really that much power out of hybrids....its so bloody tempting.

I take it this means to you?? If so, good choice!! With the right setup I am pretty sure you can be pushing around 500bhp. My car is busy being mapped, so will see soon!

Good luck!

yes mate, im unbelievably excited i cant sit down!

With 550+pack, b/c, EMU and all the other mods in my sig what kind of power do ya wreckon i could reach (without doing damage)???? cheers mate whats your set up?

honestly no idea... as soon as my car is back from the mappers with a dyno sheet I will put it up and we can discuss it then. should make for an interesting discussion. I will list all the mods etc...

but basically I am running:

hks fuel system (680cc) with walbro pump

hks 264/264 cams

exhaust

induction

fmic

hybrids

link ecu

so I am hoping a decent base setup to get me close to the 500 mark.

need to speak to thor today to find out how the mapping went actually.

cheers for that. will do... just waiting for thor to finish off the mapping

lovin it...where abouts are thor located? coz im taking the car to Reworx in portsmouth to get the EMU installed and set up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.