The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A couple of Qs

Seb

Alright, a few things that have been on my mind recently;

First up, at low revs in 1st and 2nd gear, coming on and off the throttle causes a really harsh shunting, with the car, jerking shraply. Any ideas what causes this?

Next up, when I have my window down, I can hear what sounds like a soft rubbingfrom the back wheel, in rhythm with each turn of the wheel, so I guess something is rubbing back there, but I can't see or fell anything when I last had a look. Any ideas?

Cheers guys, always appreciate the help.

Seb

Rubbing noise could also be handbrake related there is a drum inside the disc. Jack the back up and see if there is a restriction (handbrake off obviously) when you spin the wheel. If there is then have the wheel off and check to see if said restriction is the disc hitting the pads. If its apparently not whip the caliper off and see if it is still catching. If it is then whip off the disc and that will then tell you if its the handbrake.

Be sure when you back up the back end that you put an axle stand under the 'unsprung' part of the hub carrier assembly and then drop the car slightly to allow the whole hub carrier to return to it's normal position rather than having it all hanging down with the suspension at full extension.

Without doing this it can sometimes cause the handbrake cable to pull slightly and give the impression of there being more of a fault than there really is.