The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile in washing machine!

Dash Rendar

My missus kindly put my jeans through the washing machine a couple of nights ago. My Nokia mobile was still in the pocket. D'oh!!

It's totally dry now, but also totally dead. I thought about sending it back under warranty and saying, "It's just stopped working", but I've subsequently learned about the tell-tale indicators that are used in the phone to flag water damage. Ho hum.

I didn't take out separate mobile insurance, and I'm not sure claiming on household is cost-effective.

I'm-a-wondering... What's to stop me buying mobile insurance now, and then claiming in a month's time?

I'm-a-wondering... What's to stop me buying mobile insurance now, and then claiming in a month's time?

Nothing I'd say, as long as you can go that long without your phone. I'm with orange and it's very very easy to get a new handset, as I found out when I drowned mine in Blackpool.... not in the sea, but in a small glass of water next to the bed :rolleyes:

Probably would've been ok if I hadn't left it to soak until the early hours of the morning.

Anyway, good luck with getting yours sorted. :D

I did this. I rang up and they said that it wasn't covered on insurance anyway as you have to take care of your phone and washing it is not caring for it or something. Anyway, because I was a 'good' customer they replaced it for me, I've been with them 10 years or something though. Worth a shot?

I did this. I rang up and they said that it wasn't covered on insurance anyway as you have to take care of your phone and washing it is not caring for it or something. Anyway, because I was a 'good' customer they replaced it for me, I've been with them 10 years or something though. Worth a shot?

What? In other words you weren't covered for Accidental Damage.

What? In other words you weren't covered for Accidental Damage.

In true insurance style they always get out of it somehow.

I do have accidental cover but apparently putting your phone in the washing machine isn't an accident.

I got a new phone, so never mind. I keep meaning to cancel my policy though as it clearly doesn't count for **** all.

Well, I tried Vodafone first, but they were having none of it. Then I thought I'd claim on my contents insurance, but would you believe it... Mobile phones are excluded from the policy.

It's like you said...

In true insurance style they always get out of it somehow.

It kind of makes me wonder why we bother paying for it in the first place. On the rare occasions I've ever tried to claim for anything, it's always been excluded.