The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dog insurance recommendation

Supragal

I know there are lots of doggy owners on here, so I thought I would recommend the Kennel Club insurance policy.

They are not the cheapest premiums but are one of the most comprehensive covers you can get.

We have claimed for our Dobermann since the day we got him, a year later they are still paying out for the useles mutt, no questions asked, no mistakes, even covering his special vet diet (they base it on a certian amount of £ per kilo IIRC but it actually works out better than if we were buying normal food!)

Must be nearing the 5k mark in claims by now.

Just got the renewal through and it hasn't affected the premium at all.

You can always get hold of them on the phone too and they have never failed to know the answer so far.

Very impressed.

Good to hear Rosie. We don't have our Charlie insured at all and so far we havent had any stupid vets bills. He's 11 now though, so we do expect him to start struggling a wee bit in the next couple of years tbh!

How much are the premiums?

H.

Ours are just under £30 a month per dog, but they are babies still so I presume they don't expect anything major to go wrong with them yet.

Proved them wrong :rlol:

I didn't think the premiums were so high!

It's only £40 to have him put down!!:sly: I used to love having a dog but with having kids and trying to keep the house tidy it is becoming a never ending clean up act.

After Charlie I will be having no more.......:blink:

H.

Premiums start from £4 a month but i'm not quite sure what type of dog/cover that applies to!

Really? I thought it was more like £100 to have them put down?

We live up norf don't we!!:p

You may get the price down if you buy in bulk......:sly: :D

H.

Premiums start from £4 a month but i'm not quite sure what type of dog/cover that applies to!

Really? I thought it was more like £100 to have them put down?

A BB shotgun shell is about 35 pence ..... :) Only kidding, although out here in the sticks I am in a minority paying for a sick or elderley animal to be euthanased.

A BB shotgun shell is about 35 pence ..... :) Only kidding, although out here in the sticks I am in a minority paying for a sick or elderley animal to be euthanased.

Although i don't think it happens with dogs as often as it used to, things like sick cows are all too often 'euthenased' by gun.

Terrible thing is that most of the time it takes more than one shot (knew of a bull that took four shots to put it down :eek:)

Allianz to a policy where if you get in early when the dog is young, they'll cover it for life - so if your dog is diagnosed with an illness that will require treatment for the rest of its' days, they pay out until the dog has died which could be years.

Don't know anything about how the premiums compare though.