The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock ECU Mapping - TPS/MAP

dandan

Right guys,

I've got a question related to the way the stock ecu is mapped as far as load input is concerned.

I assume that the MAP sensor is used to determine engine load. Would you agree? No doubt it will be used for barometric corrections as well (possibly verified during starup??).

This being the case would the TPS serve as an input for starting, acceleration enrichment and possibly flood clearing and nothing load related?

Finally, to MAF sensor, anyone know exactly why this sensor was employed on the export and late vvt-i cars?

Cheers

Guest Terry S

Dan you are pretty much there. The TP, Load and Revs all work hand in hand

The MAF was used on the cars mentioned for emissions. It is superior for controlling emissions of older vehicles, although a PITA when it comes to tuning

HTH

Cheers Terry,

What I was getting at was whether or not the TPS ever came into the mapping as far as load is concerned (as for an NA motor).

As far as I know it doesn't and it is there purely for enrichment purposes.

Agreed?

ps - no email yet mate :(

• 2 weeks later...

According to a lovely table I have, TPS is used for:

Basic injector duration

After-start enrichment

Warm-up enrichment

Power enrichment

Fuel cut

Turbocharger control

EGR cutoff control

Aircon control

Interesting that. It's used in load mapping then :) Plus a few suprises, like fuel cut and the wastegate. And as well as cutting off the aircon at WOT, it also cuts off the EGR, at least at WOT, maybe earlier - thus backing up Darren Blake's stance on the pointlessness of the EGR mod (as in the EGR system stops working as soon as you start thraping the engine anyway)

-Ian