The mkiv Supra Owners Club

top speed

pete.w

drove down the motorway and put me foot down in me jap auto ,drove great upto 143 mph when it stoped pulling and felt like fuel cut off ,revs were very high i think in the red is this the norm or should i be getting more top speed out of her ?

its the jz80 twin turbo ,ive decated it fitted a blitz fuel cut ,walbro pump,iridium plugs ect ect ,im thinking that my foot should have come off the gas a little to let it go into overdrive what you think ?
Is it not in top gear at that speed and WOT then? If not you may want to fit a decent DSC.

It sounds rather like the same problem the tiptronic auto Supras have with not staying in top gear at high speeds.

its the jz80 twin turbo ,ive decated it fitted a blitz fuel cut ,walbro pump,iridium plugs ect ect ,im thinking that my foot should have come off the gas a little to let it go into overdrive what you think ?

or you could press the button on the shifter?

• 2 months later...
Guest munchie

should the overdrive button be set to on all the time? I only noticed mine has one today when i saw o/d off on the dash!!

Whats the little red button for in front of the gear stick?