The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R*** XKR - Gunmetal TT

Flip

Think I found him. see XOD thread! Seems it was Mr TyranoSupraRex

His was an auto too, and I could keep up, so I don't reckon he had an SP74 in there!

There were 3 R***XKR's at the meet... bizarre...

Mine's tiptronic :) but the changes are faster in auto...

I seem to remember that i was doing most of the following...you nutter :)

How'd you do at santapod? I'd be keen to see your times (i didn't run). I reckon our cars are about even'ish in speed (i had a passenger, subwoofer and a full tank when we met up). Mental note to drop them for the next meet :)

Me, nutter? Dunno what you mean, I don't think I went about 50?

We did seem pretty even, I had 1/2 tank petrol, a passenger (ok maybe not a passenger, but I'm overweight!) and I've just finished fitting my dirty great sub in the boot - sounds lovely! I am only hitting a high of 1.1 bar though, need to get the boost controller solenoid fitted...

I ddn't run in the end, I thought my clutch was on the way out, its been slipping all over the place, but strangely our little "outing" seemed to sort it, I'm wondering if I've burnt off a dodgy layer of clutch pad and now its ok... so I might be up for Santapod next time!

I was too scared to look down, so it can't have been more than 50 :)

I managed to blow my new rear speakers on Saturday on the way home. I had the mids & tweets in the front set too low, so when i turned up the volume the rears popped. I now have an annoying buzzing sound coming from them... bugger. Just installed sub and now need new speakers! again! It's the first set i've ever blown, i'm usually so thorough.. must be getting old :)

With my boost controller off, i get an even 0.9 bar, and with it on I limit it to 1.2 (with the odd spike to 1.3)

I was so tempted to run but never had a helmet (although i saw loads of people without) and hadn't organised insurance etc. I might pop up to Turbofit on Saturday and do the RR if you fancy it.

So you have a manual.. jealous...!! although watching the drags, i think an auto might have a slight edge.

How do you find those Tein dampers? I need new ones (mine are leaking)?

I was too scared to look down, so it can't have been more than 50 :)

I managed to blow my new rear speakers on Saturday on the way home. I had the mids & tweets in the front set too low, so when i turned up the volume the rears popped. I now have an annoying buzzing sound coming from them... bugger. Just installed sub and now need new speakers! again! It's the first set i've ever blown, i'm usually so thorough.. must be getting old :)

With my boost controller off, i get an even 0.9 bar, and with it on I limit it to 1.2 (with the odd spike to 1.3)

I was so tempted to run but never had a helmet (although i saw loads of people without) and hadn't organised insurance etc. I might pop up to Turbofit on Saturday and do the RR if you fancy it.

So you have a manual.. jealous...!! although watching the drags, i think an auto might have a slight edge.

How do you find those Tein dampers? I need new ones (mine are leaking)?

I find them very good, still playing with the adjustment to get it right for British roads, but it seems I must put up with it rattling my teeth if I want it nice and solid.

Tricky to gauge on the track, the auto boys do seem to get through the gears better, but not as good off the line, I prefer the manual myself, but then I always have...

As for the rolling road, tricky... I'm not sure how "fixed" my clutch is... I want to though, want to know how its running! I'll be at the BBQ either way, but I'm not convinced on the RR, and this rain isn't helping me test the clutch either!

I'm saving up for the Teins at the moment. Do you have the Superstreets? Did you get the top mounts too?

I'd have prefered manual, but there weren't any available when i was looking so ended up getting the tiptronic.

This rain is annoying. I cleaned my car again yesterday and polished everything, and now the rain has ruined all my hard work :(

Not sure what flavour of Teins I have - is there an easy way to tell? Feel free to have a poke at it on Sunday if you'd like?

I waited ages for mine, because I wanted the pretty blue (facelift colour) and a manual - took about 3 months to find it! CJ sorted me out in the end though, and I think its worth it! Nearly got some Lexus GS300 wheels for it too, just waiting for delivery of the rears, and then I need to save up for tyres!

Rain is pants - its meant to be good for the weekend though, so that's something