The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodridge Brake hose problems

johnd-mkiv

Tryed fitting my brand new stainless goodridge brake hoses but come into problems the fronts will not tighten up enough as the thread has reached its maximum travel in the nut.

I have had to put the origionals back on for now has any one else had any problems fitting these?

Hey john, i had the same problem last week on the rears, the depth of the new unions are not as deep leaving very little thread so i made two rear pipes with males that had full threads on.

was yours goodridge too? cant be bothered with making new lines up there must be a kit that bolts on surely:(

They just didnt go in enough, propably 1/3 the threads and didnt feel right. so to be safe i made 2 lines up with new ends.

I had the gear it only took 10 mins.

The fronts look a mission to replace and theres not enough slack or room to form a new end on the pipe, I guess I could make an adaptor pipe up

The fronts were ok on mine but i know what your saying its like they just get started on the treads and it bottoms out on the factory flare.

I dont know what to suggest mate, ive done lots of goodrige swaps on previous stuff i have had, so it aint me at fault.!

Tryed fitting my brand new stainless goodridge brake hoses but come into problems the fronts will not tighten up enough as the thread has reached its maximum travel in the nut.

I have had to put the origionals back on for now has any one else had any problems fitting these?

I had same problem when fitting my front UK spec brakes, decided it was too risky and ended up leaving the origional lines on,

They will fit, but are very easy to cross thread. Be very careful!