The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not Very Happy With My Dentist :(

supra-lover

i have to have my wisdom tooth out soon does it hurt??:)

Depends on how impacted they are (dentist speak for how far from the straight up direction they are growing). Most peoples grow in line with the rest of their teeth and don't really need touching. Mine however were growing at 90 degrees to the rest (ie straight into them) which explains why half of my front teeth have turned sideways and grow behind each other now. To get them out they had to chisel each one into four pieces and pull all the bits out (apparently if they miss any of the bits and leave fragments in there you can get toxic shock). I looked like a hamster for a week and had two black eyes that went manky brown then yellow all across both cheeks for another week when they did mine. That said I didn't suffer much beyond that like charlotte.

Depends on how impacted they are (dentist speak for how far from the straight up direction they are growing). Most peoples grow in line with the rest of their teeth and don't really need touching. Mine however were growing at 90 degrees to the rest (ie straight into them) which explains why half of my front teeth have turned sideways and grow behind each other now. To get them out they had to chisel each one into four pieces and pull all the bits out (apparently if they miss any of the bits and leave fragments in there you can get toxic shock). I looked like a hamster for a week and had two black eyes that went manky brown then yellow all across both cheeks for another week when they did mine. That said I didn't suffer much beyond that like charlotte.

I had the same. Went to hospital and under a general so didn't feel a thing, just woke up with a mouth full of blood and what felt like 3 chasms in my mouth.

I had to eat soft food for a couple of weeks, and drink pints through a straw :D

Not something I'd want done while I was awake, they take some work to get them out.

Seriously mate, I would write a formal complaint to the practice manager. They've started with a treatment plan which should have been signed for and agreed at the start of the process. Just because they have had a change of staff shouldn't mean that they can suddenly turn around half way through the plan and say 'sorry mate but this is going to cost you 10 times as much because you've now got a different dentist'!

If you get no joy with the practice manager, do a search on Google about how to complain about an NHS dentist. There's a patients charter and rules that regulate what they can and cannot do. This isn't the 1970's ffs!

If you go through with a proper complaint, don't let them do anything until the full course of treatment has been agreed and documented and you have a copy of it.

(As you might guess, I had trouble with a dentist recently and got the work completed for free! :D )