The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobil Cameras

neil tt

Was wondering today if a mobil van is parked in a layby, would it be against the law to park in front of him. Not that I would have the guts to do this by it would be fun:d

This is something I have thought about doing tbh!!;)

They really piss me off with their sneaky antics. Would be good to hear a police view on this. It can't be classed as obstructing Police unless the coppers can prove that you knew they were there!!:sly:

H.

They have started parking on a bridge near my house on a DC. There is a wee bit of pavement that they park on but it is of no use to padestrians as the pavement is only about 30 feet long.

I was thinking about going to the spot and dropping a shit load of nails and tacks on the ground!!:D

H.

LOL. I nearly got hit by one of these buggers on the A249 - sat in a layby. Went 'round the block' and pulled up behind him, opened up the bonnet and began to 'tinker'. After about 5min the guy cam out and asked me if I'd be long. I told him I was calling the AA as the car was buggered and I couldn't move it.He got the right hump (I still had my hazards on:)) and after 25min he buggered off! I shut my bonnet and wazzed past him a couple of hundred meters up the road, giving him a little toot on the horn as I passed:):):)

LOL. I nearly got hit by one of these buggers on the A249 - sat in a layby. Went 'round the block' and pulled up behind him, opened up the bonnet and began to 'tinker'. After about 5min the guy cam out and asked me if I'd be long. I told him I was calling the AA as the car was buggered and I couldn't move it.He got the right hump (I still had my hazards on:)) and after 25min he buggered off! I shut my bonnet and wazzed past him a couple of hundred meters up the road, giving him a little toot on the horn as I passed:):):)

You are a bad man Chris!! But your my kind of bad man......:D

H.

:trophy: :salute: Thats the thing I was talking about, but would it have been legal to have stop there, if you didn't have a problem;) I thought that as its public road he can't stop you. I wanted to do just to make a phone call honest:d

When I retire and have nothing better to do.....:rolleyes: I am going to get one of those big mobile advertising hoardings and follow the guys around with the speed detectors and continually park in front of them!! :D

Even if it is illegal by then I won't care. You're not going to get jailed for it!!

H.

I assume this would be "obstructing a police officer......etc"

IF they were police officers. However, as they're not police it's a fair move?

Can anyone confirm this?

They park on the bridges over the A11 up here, completely blocking the pavement. Saftey camera vans being used to block pavements???:rolleyes:

I assume this would be "obstructing a police officer......etc"

IF they were police officers. However, as they're not police it's a fair move?

Can anyone confirm this?

They park on the bridges over the A11 up here, completely blocking the pavement. Saftey camera vans being used to block pavements???:rolleyes:

They weren't police officers - simply guys employed by the 'safety camera partnership' and even if they were I was doing nothing illegal - simply trying to rectify a possible fault in my motor vehicle at an appropriate place off the main carriageway :) :)