The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remington 1 : Fox 0

Chris Wilson

That's the nature of a fox though! isn't it the case that it kills the other birds for 'later' as it were even though it won't eat them straight away?

Also, your second sentence about the fox toying with it's prey.....that's what it does!!

If there were wild dogs out there that hunted foxes naturally then i'd accept it, but to do it for 'sport' is just sick.

To re-iterate my first post, I DO condone the culling of foxes to protect farmers' animals but only if they're being shot with a rifle and not 'hunted'.

no more posts from me on this, i think i've mad my point by now :D

But "Mans" natural instinct is to hunt animals. Ok, we have more efficiant ways of producing food now but its a quite natural thing in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong im not into fox hunting but i do a lot of shooting, its just what you are brought up to do in the country.

Each to their own i say. :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But "Mans" natural instinct is to hunt animals. Ok, we have more efficiant ways of producing food now but its a quite natural thing in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong im not into fox hunting but i do a lot of shooting, its just what you are brought up to do in the country.

right, as i've had a few beers i'm gonna respond :D

i'm can see what you're saying about being brought up to think this is 'normal' in the country but you have your own mind so you can't put it down to that.

I agree, man was once a hunter but as has been said we have the benefit of knowing what is right and what is wrong. Also, i don't see man actually running after a fox.....i see a man using horses and dogs to go after foxes which is different. I mean, do you see foxes on badger back chasing chickens with a pack of weasels?

But "Mans" natural instinct is to hunt animals. Ok, we have more efficient ways of producing food now but its a quite natural thing in my opinion.

"hunting" and "hunting for food" are not the same. It's not our natural instinct to hunt specifically, but to simply feed ourselves.. which may contain a little hunting if it isn't available on the end of a phone of in the supermarket :D

Hunting for its own sake is just stupid (or for the toffs/pikeys that have been brought up to know no better). Funny how the toffs and the gypo's agree on this one point...:blink:

Do you eat what you kill, or feed it to your dogs?? I think that's fine (just my opinion).

I know people who shoot and just leave the dead animals lying in the field. Killing for fun. A bit sick tbh. :(

I am pro hunting (fox hunting) mainly due to the principle of the matter. Growing up in the back end of nowhere its plainly obvious our lives were run by politicians who thought the country side was their playground. Ive never been hunting, and never will as riding doesnt interest me so i have no vested interest in it (id rather shoot them to be honest as if done right it is quicker/more humane - and its my sport)

BUT the point is that the hunt rarely catches one anyway, and even if they do most of the hunt party is miles behind (mummy and daughter just enjoying a hack out)

AND more people go hunting now its banned anyway :blink: so its all a bit of a farce!

Id like to point out the only animal i would ever consider killing is a fox, as they happily pray on livestock, not just poultry but even lambs! Yes those poor defencless balls of wool that stand there all cute going BAAAAAH, ripped to shreads..... Makes foxes fair game in my eyes.

Yes maybe but there are plentifull examples of group or cooperation hunting in the wild- harris hawks for example hunt in packs.

Dont think thats a very fair thing to say homer, dont think you realise just how many people actually shoot, fish etc in the country. Tarring everyone involved with the same manky brush there.

Everyone involved with shooting whether for a purpose such as vermin control or sport has upmost respect for the quarry and is always dispatched as best as as possible.

For example there would be little to no grouse in the UK if people were not managed to control the land for shooting. Foxes, ticks and other vermin would wipe them out. Its thanks to shooters there are still grouse in the country at all. Same goes for many species.

I know everyone has a different view on this and everyone will not agree so im not going to say any more. Stick to what you know and each to their own i say.

As long as we dont end up hunting eachother for food im sure things will be alright. :)

Do you eat what you kill, or feed it to your dogs?? I think that's fine (just my opinion).

I know people who shoot and just leave the dead animals lying in the field. Killing for fun. A bit sick tbh. :(

Yea what we shoot gets eaten or given to a game dealer and into the food chain somewhere. Most stuff from up here gets exported to Italy.

for example there would be little to no grouse in the UK if people were not managed to control the land for shooting. Foxes, ticks and other vermin would wipe them out. Its thanks to shooters there are still grouse in the country at all. Same goes for many species.

I dunno, they seemed to get on OK before we started hunting them.

I am pro hunting (fox hunting) mainly due to the principle of the matter. Growing up in the back end of nowhere its plainly obvious our lives were run by politicians who thought the country side was their playground. Ive never been hunting, and never will as riding doesnt interest me so i have no vested interest in it (id rather shoot them to be honest as if done right it is quicker/more humane - and its my sport)

BUT the point is that the hunt rarely catches one anyway, and even if they do most of the hunt party is miles behind (mummy and daughter just enjoying a hack out)

AND more people go hunting now its banned anyway :blink: so its all a bit of a farce!

Id like to point out the only animal i would ever consider killing is a fox, as they happily pray on livestock, not just poultry but even lambs! Yes those poor defencless balls of wool that stand there all cute going BAAAAAH, ripped to shreads..... Makes foxes fair game in my eyes.

You're inferring that the fox has a sense of right and wrong. The fox is just following instinct. It cannot apply logic, it has no ability to reason, no choice.

We as hunans have all of these.

In short, we can choose not to kill for fun.

I too live in the country but choose not to kill for fun. (unless killing back tyres counts......).

Each to their own:) :)

You're inferring that the fox has a sense of right and wrong. The fox is just following instinct. It cannot apply logic, it has no ability to reason, no choice.

We as hunans have all of these.

In short, we can choose not to kill for fun.

I too live in the country but choose not to kill for fun. (unless killing back tyres counts......).

Each to their own:) :)

i dont kill for fun, which is why i dont shoot everything furry that moves. Its a case of we get the fox, or we may as well leave the chicken coups open all night and put up a sign saying "free fox meals" :p

One or tother has to go.... and im pro chicken :innocent:

What people dont realise is they will kill for fun!
For fun? How could you possibly know that? Isn't it more likely that it's just following its instinct?

Everyone involved with shooting whether for a purpose such as vermin control or sport has upmost respect for the quarry and is always dispatched as best as as possible.
Again, how could you possibly know what amount of respect 'everyone' has?

I am pro hunting (fox hunting)

Rightttt

What are you pro-hunting for then? Sorry but it all seems a bit contradictory.

For fun? How could you possibly know that? Isn't it more likely that it's just following its instinct?

Again, how could you possibly know what amount of respect 'everyone' has?

You cant say nobody can go shooting becaues one or two people dont have respect for their quarry. It was a general statement IMO anyone without respect with wildlife shouldnt be allowed near a gun.

It would be like saying nobody can drive on the roads because there are idiots out there that will kill other people on the road.

EDIT: Ive seen a fox hunting on severall occasions, it will enter a pond and kill severall ducks, teasing them as it kills them. Then do it again and again without eating at all. Like a cat playing with a mouse before killing it.

Dont think thats a very fair thing to say homer, dont think you realise just how many people actually shoot, fish etc in the country. Tarring everyone involved with the same manky brush there.

I grew up on a large estate in Gloucester, my father was a farmer and land owner as are most of my family. My father had (until it was recently sold on) 290 arches of land so fully appreciate what is required to properly manage 'pests' (Foxes, deer, rabbits, game, etc).

I agree that "shooting for fun" does keep many game species from near extinction in certain parts of the country, but this is where you are differing between pest control and sport.