The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock SMIC - American Import - Low mileage - never seen uk roads

silvershark44

Hi

Here is a stock SMIC that I bought in the US from a low mileage supra. The benefit here is that it has never seen salt or the rain we get here. As you can see from the pictures its in pretty good condition. The rear fins are all perfect, the front ones are very good. The pictures actually make them look much worse than they really are. I suspect that it would take long for a brand new intercooler to reach this level of condition. It has absolutely NO rot what so ever!

Ive tried to take some close ones to show the worst damaged fins but as I said before, they arent too bad, and very localised.

Definitely a good couple of years left in this I would say, and much better than a 13 year old one with a badger through it.

Cost me £100 to import but never got around to fitting it, so £70 delivered and its yours. You can collect from Lincoln or Lancaster or Santa Pod on saturday!

I may be being dumb but ...

What difference does that make ?

No difference for me as I do not need one. I was just curious really as he states:

Here is a stock SMIC that I bought in the US from a low mileage supra. The benefit here is that it has never seen salt or the rain we get here.

It rains in the US (even in California, albeit not very often) and they also use salt on the roads in any US state that the temp drops down enough to warrant the use of.

I am not trying to scupper his sale, I was just extremely bored. Feel free to tell me to piss off if need be :D

It was from Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States! Just checked my history

Right to all that have Pm'd me, ive just realised the logistics of actually sending this is going to be a pain. And I dont have the time to send it this week unfortunately, so would be next week at the earliest.

So if you want to buy it and have it sent to you it wont be untill next week. Sorry for this, just dont want to disappoint anyone.

But

If you want to collect at Santa Pod on sat, or from my home in Lincoln (anytime as can leave it with parents), or my uni address in Lancaster ( from thursday ) then please pm me again.

If you want it sending, it wont be till next week.

thanks

matt

No difference for me as I do not need one. I was just curious really as he states:

It rains in the US (Even in California, albeit not very often) and they also use salt on the roads in any US state that the temp drops down enough to warrant the use of.

I am not trying to scupper his sale, I was just extremely bored. Feel free to tell me to piss off if need be :D

Lol gamer, yes I believe it does rain in the sahara sometimes too! But you get my point. It isnt rotten like ones that have been in the uk for years.

Jacksonville, NC annual rainfall: 54"

Manchester, UK annual rainfall: 32"

Yes, I am bored, how can you tell?

Pretty mild State though, most US owners would probably have summer tyres on the car and never drive it in winter.

I'll bugger off now... :run:

:looney:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.