The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just want to go sideways

csmadmatt

Considering that a 286BHP M3 can find good grip on 235's sounds like either really crap tyres or serious geometry issues. I'd go a bit lighter with the right foot until its sorted, as if its geometry it will take you by surprise with a big slide when your not expecting it.

If its tyres, I can strongly recommend Bridgstone RE050a.

The geometry reset should not be a camber/alignment only, front castor is a big issue with double wishbone systems.

Possibly i think i just need some new wheels, to which i may have a set of 18 work split rims very soon so that should sort that problem.

New wheels won't sort anything, it's the tyres, not the wheels, unless you are just using it as an excuse to your partner to splash out on some blinging'n'ringing stuff.

What manufacturer is your current tyre and what condition/age are they?

I'm hard pressed to spin up my NA in 2nd and third unless I absolutely mash it.

EDIT, just read your previous post again , Kumho Ditchfinders??? That'll be why you're spinning up.

It'll be the tyres or the geom as peeps say - I have 235's all round on my BPU TT, and I have to put some effort in to get that to spin up in 3rd in the dry, can't see an NA having that sort of prob... Could check the surface of the tyres, make sure they aren't contaminated with anything you might have driven through? Maybe your neighbour nips out in the morning and covers your tyres in lard?

flip - it wouldnt suprise me my neighbours are taxi drivers and i think i woke one up with the exhaust this morning again (whoops)

rob - yes that is the case its an excuse to the missus that way i can also get some new rubber for them

and yer they are ditch finders i hate them no grip at all and upon close inspection it seems there isnt much tread left on the rear tyres anywaybout 5mm

and yer they are ditch finders i hate them no grip at all and upon close inspection it seems there isnt much tread left on the rear tyres anywaybout 5mm

I've got a set of Khumos I use on my winter wheels and have never had a problem with them. :shrug:

As for the 5mm thing - did you measure that? New tyres only have about 7 or 8mm, so 5mm sounds fine.