The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manual 6 speed Aero twin turbo????

djskeme

I know they made manual twin turbos in aero top form over in the US, but I really want one thats right hand drive.

Is it possible to get the top of the range GZ twin turbo aero top with the auto box and do a auto/manual (6 speed) conversion?

What sort of money and time would it cost and has it been done???

Is the manual a lot better....and a lot more sensible with petrol?? (obviously no supra is sensible with petrol :) )

Cheers

Sorry to be a pain, in what way? I drive a lot, but a supra has always been my dream car, and with the motorway i was thinking i would get the best out of a 6sp manual???

But i also love to get the convertible type roof.

Are the aerotops very similar in the way they work to the mr2 T-bar roof...only a whole panel rather thanjust two glass panels?

Is the manual a lot better
It's more fun but the auto is good too. The auto is a lot easier to drive in heavy traffic though.

and a lot more sensible with petrol??
Not much in it really.

Unless you're a hardcore medallion man I would suggest getting a hard top 6sp. The aerotops don't handle as well as the proper hard top Supras. That's why they're all Automatic; 'cos you can't drive them fast anyway :tongue:

Retire that chestwig and get yourself a hard top - you won't regret it!

;)

It's more fun but the auto is good too. The auto is a lot easier to drive in heavy traffic though.

Not much in it really.

Unless you're a hardcore medallion man I would suggest getting a hard top 6sp. The aerotops don't handle as well as the proper hard top Supras. That's why they're all Automatic; 'cos you can't drive them fast anyway :tongue:

Retire that chestwig and get yourself a hard top - you won't regret it!

;)

I must be a hardcore medallion man then :taped:

Aero's get more looks anyway:tongue: but I do put the roof back in when I want to go faster :D

With the roof out on mine, it does seem a little soft at the rear, but with the roof in, its no difference between that and the hard top TT that a friend of mine had.

I think a decent suspension set up and tyres (F1s) could do away with most of the differences anyway.

I don't drive like a racing driver, but its good to know I can push it round corners without the feeling that its going to run off into the trees at any moment.

And anyway, I have my own natural chest wig, so there. No medallion (yet!) :)

We have both a TT Aerotop and a TT hard-top and with the roof in the aerotop the difference cannot be noticed - either on the road or on the track.

Obviously with the roof out, there's the usual flex and scuttle-shake, but really, when the roof is bolted in it does feel every bit as solid as a regular hardtop.

:)