The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU -> Hard Wiring swap to Fields Harness

Sheefa

These seem really good value. Anyone using them and can vouch for quality? Don't really want loose ECU wires do I :D

Got one myself - quality is fantastic. You do have to mind that they are based on a US-spec Supra, so they have the MAF sensor wire highlighted (rather than the MAP wire for J-spec cars - still there though).

If you spend a bit of quality time with your footwell you can strip out all the add-on gubbins and fix what damage has been done with proper soldering. Do it right first time by putting the effort in and use a field harness for everything instead and you'll save yourself a world of trouble. I did this to mine, it had some terrible hacks in it but the fixes remain fixed years later. I even had to bridge a big gap in the MAP sensor wire because so much had been chopped.

Just make sure you note what's spliced or tapped into what before removing it, or your next post will be "how do I fit an FCD :blush: " :D

-Ian

Thanks Chris. I know mate, I was just thinking about what options I have. Is it even possible to buy a new engine loom??

Ian, cheers. I'll probably do this over the summer with some decent bullet connectors and then sort out the harness. At least I can fault diagnose things like RLTC without having to splice away wires again. :)

Greg