The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know the Cat and Fiddle Road ?

Sharpie

Through Macclesfield to Buxton and into the Peak District National Park. The A537 and turns into the A54 - WOW what a road, it has everything.

I had to use it twice last week in the dry, only once in the soop and it's one of the only roads where I have had to slow due to respecting what it is....a killer!

http://www.derekmobbs.com/CatAndFiddle/intro.asp

Yep, sometimes the MR2 owners club organises a drive down it. Very popular with bikers. Many people have been killed on that road, it needs to be treated with respect!

Yep, my friend on imoc/Pistonheads organised a cat and fiddle run last year, was me, 3 MR2's and a lotus Elise and yes, it was fun!

This year he has done it twice with a whole host of TVRs Ferraris, Porsches, Corvettes, Mr2s etc :)

Yep, my friend on imoc/Pistonheads organised a cat and fiddle run last year, was me, 3 MR2's and a lotus Elise and yes, it was fun!

This year he has done it twice with a whole host of TVRs Ferraris, Porsches, Corvettes, Mr2s etc :)

wow nice line up of cars then! I should imagine it is fun so long as everyone knows their limits :)

I remember when I worked as a motorcycle courier a few years back, getting a job to go Manchester direction from Norwich.

I thought I'd go via the Cat & Fiddle, (hadn't been on it before then) but I wasn't going to be there until after 11pm and this was in the winter. I hit this particular road late on in the evening and it was in thick fog. (Not ideal.)

I remember cursing at myself inside my crash helmet as I got just about every corner wrong! Probably lucky to get away with it!

:rolleyes:

I've ridden it many times since and on the right day it is absolutely awesome.