The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh shit = radiator

Fifty

:)

Wifes gonna love this my radiator is cracked in the classic place just below the cap.

Anyone got a cheap 2nd hand one PLEASE!! j spec auto TT Can atemporary repair be done with P40 or summit?

Is it relatively easy to replace ?? or am I looking at a big bill -:(

Rich

it is easy to do,

Remove the clamps holding it down, remove the water pipes connecting it, one at the bottom and 2 at the top....

Take off the bottom piece of the fan housing (Has 2 small clips)

and lift out....

Job done :)

IIRC you can get new pattern part rad for £299, fit yourself, fairly cheap fix :)

I forgot if you have a Auto you will have 2 extra oil cooling pipes going into the bottom of the rad... Also There will be a sensor plugged into the bottom also....

Thanks chaps ; anyone got a good second hand unit before I smash my piggy bank?

Rich

I wouldn't risk it personally Rich, any second hand one is likely to be just as old as your current one. The replacement might go again shortly too... but then second hand should cost next to nothing as long as you can collect one rather than delivery.

Dead easy fitting a new one, and ~£300.

When i replaced my rad a couple of years ago i got it from a guy in America. It was a Koyo Rad.

I paid £94.47 for the radiator, £51.08 for delivery 3-5 days with tracking number

Total £145.55

Think there was £20 for Tax aswell but still way cheaper than anywhere i found at the time.

:)

:D

OK thx all will give all them a ring next week

whats the view on driving it carefully cos I have good workshop facilities at my bros near Warrington; so IF I can get it up to him it will be much easier I have nowhere to work here really.

Unless any of you Cornish lads have somewhere?

Rich:d

btw Dave slow down lol

Stock £300 plus VAT ish I think

Koyo and Fluidyne around £300 inc I think.

Stock is £310 + VAT yep.

Fluidyne is more like £400 inc VAT - but autos need an aftermarket autobox cooler which adds a fair bit to the price.

As glenn says TGB are very good too.

For god's sake don't use radweld or anything else or you'll be doing the heater matrix next! :)

Gaz.

:D

Its OK Gaz I read enough to know not to put shit into the cooling system.

I take it you have stock rad if I need one; failing local guys mentioned above - its fitting the bloody thing that bothers me Im OK technically but have no axle stands or good place to work. Lucky theres defo no damage to engine rad was still full and everything normal good job I wasnt on motorway etc

what a bugger, and now I have to suffer the friggin Peugot all the time until shes fixed:(

Rich

give trevor of celica/supra breaker's a ring 01579383879. he's in callington,they also do new service parts ie filter's/pads/discs etc.he's being going a number of yrs[a lot of knowlege]

thx Glen its just 5 miles away:d

Rich

Rich, the temp repair I posted up now has a permenant solution. Just trowel loads of Isopon P40 over the top of the JB Weld. Smiffad has my old rad fixed like this and its still going strong :)

I agree :D its undergoing some serious testing and holding up, no signs of it going anywhere. :cool:

Very easy to change the rad, just block up the bottom IC pipe with something, i didnt and managed to drop a leaf down it! Took about 1/2 and hour of fishing with a custom made leaf catching tool (arrow with a ball of sticky tape on the end) to get it out :rolleyes:

How much was the new rad Fifty?

sorry just got back to this

Jody did one for 299 inclusive + carr

bleedin good price BUT be warned they are in short supply.

BTW bought axle stands/coolant etc so ready to go - any tips on the shroud clips I cant see how the come off- snookered and I havent even started lol

Rich

I agree :D its undergoing some serious testing and holding up, no signs of it going anywhere. :cool:

Very easy to change the rad, just block up the bottom IC pipe with something, i didnt and managed to drop a leaf down it! Took about 1/2 and hour of fishing with a custom made leaf catching tool (arrow with a ball of sticky tape on the end) to get it out :rolleyes:

hahah now I read this

lol