The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car won't idle - the saga continues

Homer

:ecstatic: At last m8! Big :thumbs: to yourself and Ian for pinpointing the problem! :)

Absolutely hate these kinda problems myself, so time consuming and fiddly to figure out - I tend to suffer in silence though, with the help of my Dad and brother. This club's a wonderful place for getting help though as this and previous threads have proven :grouphug:

The painful memory of this problem will soon disappear in a cloud of burning rubber as you boost yourself an unfeasably huge grin across your face :D

smarty - maybe a kinked vacuum line somewhere in the feed to the MAP sensor or on the same line? Sucking itself shut on occasion when you go on boost then back off causing high levels of vac....

Cheers,

Brian.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woohoo, it's all okay :)

The car is back together with proper vac pipework and a nice clean manifold (on the inside at least!).

I've been out for s few steady drives today and it's running just fine.

However, the issue Ian and myself were working on prior to this one is still there ('coughing' on idle).

I'm going to pull the O2 sensors out + the plugs and give them all a clean up.

Cheers

Cheers guys.

For the others, here's a vid of the idle now. The 'coughs' don;t come out too well in the vid... has anyone else heard a car idle like this before?

Oh, and a short one of a take off (only up to 3.5k rpm). Love the sound of the BL pipe :D :

Cheers guys.

For the others, here's a vid of the idle now. The 'coughs' don;t come out too well in the vid... has anyone else heard a car idle like this before?

Oh, and a short one of a take off (only up to 3.5k rpm). Love the sound of the BL pipe :D :

That's one bad OFO :D