The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic Boost Controller

carl0s

Having sized my restrictor ring apprioriately, I'm still not happy with the performance I'm getting.

The car hits its maximum of 18psi at very high speed in top gear on the motorway. Below that, it sees perhaps 16.5 psi-ish. In first & second gear, it doesn't see more than 15psi.

So, I guess I need an electronic boost controller which will bypass the wastegate to obtain 18psi in the lower gears, and still make sure I don't go above 18psi in the higher gears.

That's right isn't it?

Any recommendations? I want something that I can set and forget, and hide any controls inside the dash below the radio so you don't actually know it's there.

I've just bought a HKS EVC6, so i may be selling my HKS EVC 3, need to get it out the car first...great piece of kit, hope evc 6 is as good...wont know til the cars back on the road about 5months down the line!

but failing that...if you dont want a boost controller cant you just buy a mechanical adjustable boost controller, think their pretty cheap too