The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Wideband - best place for Lamba sensor? - Running Rich

Sheefa

I tested as per Ian's link (well, between OX1 and IG- as there was no reading by coming straight off the battery negative), but let the car warm up to operating temperature first. Couldn't warm it up enough quickly or rev to 2500rpm as the ensuing cloud blotted out the sun! :D

Rather strangely, the readings were a negative value, as opposed to positive values described in the tech link - checked mine and was reading fine at around -0.56v

As mentioned Greg, I'll grab my coat tomorrow and give it another check as per the Toyota manual :)

I tested as per Ian's link (well, between OX1 and IG- as there was no reading by coming straight off the battery negative), but let the car warm up to operating temperature first. Couldn't warm it up enough quickly or rev to 2500rpm as the ensuing cloud blotted out the sun! :D

Rather strangely, the readings were a negative value, as opposed to positive values described in the tech link - checked mine and was reading fine at around -0.56v

As mentioned Greg, I'll grab my coat tomorrow and give it another check as per the Toyota manual :)

Thanks matey. Got football today at 3pm I think so give me a shout as to what time to want to collect. Providing I have a car, I'm more than happy to meet you halfway mate ;)

Ah thanks guys.

Andy - Mark and the team @ Phoenix fitted it mate so I'm confident in what they've done and like others have said it seems to work fine in a similar position. :)

Hey Greg, if the likes of Chris and the boys say its fine then it must be. I just fitted mine as per the instructions;)

Hey Greg, if the likes of Chris and the boys say its fine then it must be. I just fitted mine as per the instructions;)

I agree mate. Suppose both ways work, but would like to know which one gives a more accurate reading anyway :)

Bob came round again and we checked the O2 sensor as per Toyota instructions. A solid -0.33 reading, so O2 sensor is certainly dead!