The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 UK Supra Twin Turbo - 6 Speed Manual

GetawayDriver

thinking of selling up and getting a diesel estate and possibly a length of rope.

1996 uk supplied car, i'm 3rd owner. arround 150,000 miles.

Car has a Category-D on log book because i stupidly insured it though tesco, had an minor accident which was just pretty much just panel damage, and wrote it off due to the cost of parts from Toyota.[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

i bought the car back and rebuit it myself using genuine parts. lots of photos of the damage and of the full rebuild. i have receipts for all the rebuild plus all the maintenance/parts over the years.

car is lightly modified

HKS Induction

HKS SQV blow off valve

HKS Super Dragger

Single Decat

FMIC

Hardpipe Kit

Blitz Turbo Timer

Blitz DBC-iD III Boost controller & Power Meter

running about 1.2bar max depending on the weather

JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers

Whiteline anti-rollbars

Whilte line Bush Kit

rollbar link arms

Rota GTR Wheels 18x9.5 rear 18x8.5 front

Just had fitted new stock pads and discs

Also have the spare set of DBA gold drilled discs i took off the car.

Rod millen rear wing

fiberglass OEM style skirts and spats.

currently wearing a second hand jap front end after do-luck hit one speed ramp too many.

Momo Steering wheel, Blaupunkt stereo and speakers

all usual UK spec stuff - black leather in decent condition, heated seats, diff cooler,

active spoiler wasn't refitted after accident due to cost and also to make room for FMIC.

needs a few jobs doing to make it perfect but my heart isn't in it anymore.

Whats it worth?

thanks guys, it's been really well looked after even had it serviced at toyota a few times when i first got it. (before i knew better!).

i have a bum clenching amount of reciepts for it. still got original turbos on it so if it's been stood for a while there is a little bit of smoke on start up, nothing major though.

i have a pair of brand new engine mounts to go on it too, just haven't got round to it yet.

think i'll give it a wash this weekend and take a few pics.

Not wishing to sound negative but a cat d write off with 150,000 miles on the clock and needs work will never fetch £9k jesus mint supras are only just getting that!! i know of a uk 6 speed which needed some work that went for under £6k and it had just been rebuilt etc so although a uk 6 speed does fetch a premium i think you may struggle to get anything over 6k maybe 7k because of all the factors but hey if you get more then good on you ;)

Of course it all depends on how quick you want to shift it :)

Mike

Problem is cat D is cat D...no matter what the damage was,and i dont think anyone in there right mind is gona pay 9k for a cat D with 150,000 on.you just gota look at some of the jspec TT 6 speeds that are mint with low miles that are asking 9k-10k etc...sorry but im with Mike as regards to price.

Problem is cat D is cat D...no matter what the damage was,and i dont think anyone in there right mind is gona pay 9k for a cat D with 150,000 on.you just gota look at some of the jspec TT 6 speeds that are mint with low miles that are asking 9k-10k etc...sorry but im with Mike as regards to price.

Yeah that!

Haven’t seen any pictures but I think £5K would be a good price, CAT D wouldn’t bother me as there are loads of cars that have had worse damage that were fixed through the insurance but I would expect a slight reduction in price. That plus the miles and I'm afraid I don’t think you'll get more than £5K if your lucky. I hope you dont think I'm being harsh but just being realistic.

ive got 5.5k if you want shot :D

ant i think you should have a think about your post!!

i macca on hear brought a manual TT uk last year for just over 5k!! with a few bits need doing!

us uk spec owners gotta stick together:d

me and pig are just trying to up the price of uk's. lol

thank for the comments guys.

when i say jobs, it needs the engine mounts i have fitting, a new stereo head unit and a polish.

Surely CAT-D isn't that bad? CAT-D just means 'Repairable. Non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.' not like a CAT-C which means 'Repairable. Structural damage. Cost of damage (at main dealer prices and labour rates) is more than book value'.

Maybe it's a personal preference thing - some people are bothered some aren't?

well if i sell it, i'll let you know how much i get... maybe i should just get a single fitted and see if the love affair is rekindled?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.