The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My 3 year old dog just got hit by a car and has died

Sheefa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic :( So sorry to hear about this mate. Gorgeous looking dog too.

Judging by those photos he was much loved and looks a bit of a character, take comfort in knowing you've done the best for him in the years you had him.

For us losing a dog is the hardest thing to come to terms with, they are such a huge part of everyday life, more than you realise, and we've been without a dog for nearly a year now and our 'home' hasn't felt right for all that time.....something's missing:(

You and your family take care, remember all those good times and laughs he gave you;)

Thanks Paul and well said. :)

Our last dog died 3 years ago of kidney failure, a Bernese Mountain. We got Alfie 3 months before 'Bee' died. This is the first time the house has been dogless for 10 years and i'ts horrible. :(

He certainly was a right character, more than anyone would believe.

I'll always remember coming home shit faced at about 5am one morning, going upstairs and finding the little git on top of my bed. I didn't want to disturb him, so I crawled under the covers gently with him on top of the covers at the bottom. As i got in he 'huffed' as if to say 'oi, piss off' and then left the room! Cheeky git.

We're all going to miss the little blighter loads.

really sorry to read this and for your loss, Greg. pets are just like other members of the family and are missed just as much. One saving grace, at least it was instant, and their was no suffering.

It will be tough for you and your family, and take a while to get over the immediate hurt, but think of the good times and look at the photos and the memories. In time you will all heal the pain, somedays the memories come back, but you then have a feeling of calm when remembering them.

I lost my poor cat nearly a year ago, and four months later my father, and still miss them a lot, you won't ever forget the impact they had on your life.

once again, sorry for your loss, all the best.

ja ne

Ian

It's all those things that when you think about them they put a smile on your face despite him being a little sod:)

They are all so individual and that's what makes each one special.

Even now things come back to us or something triggers us to think of a situation involving the dogs and we sit there either laughing about it or with a tear in our eyes.

Only now after a year have we started looking for another dog, people are different, some will get another sooner. As you will know you can't replace a dog as they are so unique but for us life without one for the last year has been painfull and the house seems so lifeless and empty.

Take it easy,

Paul

He certainly was a right character, more than anyone would believe.

I'll always remember coming home shit faced at about 5am one morning, going upstairs and finding the little git on top of my bed. I didn't want to disturb him, so I crawled under the covers gently with him on top of the covers at the bottom. As i got in he 'huffed' as if to say 'oi, piss off' and then left the room! Cheeky git.

We're all going to miss the little blighter loads.

Guest GirlRacer!

Oh no, so sorry Greg. Those pics of little Alfie are adorable, he looks so friendly... I'm feeling all glum now. :( I can't imagine how upset you must be. At least there was no suffering for the little guy though I guess.

I really hope you and your family will be OK soon, remember the happy times with him x

Guest sunnyG83

Sorry to hear of your Bad news mate and read a few of the threads with the problems your having with your car and do feel for you. Things will surely get better with time (even though it aint easy to see this at times of trouble.

Chin up matey

Thanks again all - much appreciated.

My mum has just been round to her mates house to break the news to them too. They also have a Tibetan Terrier and got theirs called Barny, only 1 year old, after seeing Alfie and his docile, cool laid back attitude. They were just as shocked and upset.

Dads on his way home now. He broke down through a meeting earlier - still blames himself although there was nothing anyone could of done. One of those things I guess. :(

Video of me pissing about with the cheeky git only a few weeks or so ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwdkx8TotA

Nice Vid, shows his character well :)

I've got videos I've still not looked at again since loosing my last one a year back, It'll do me good to take a look at them but I need to set aside the time and be in the right frame of mind.

It's staggering how much they mean to us and I'm sure they mold us into the type of person we are as much as the other way round.