oh cr&p :(

Matt H

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the worst thing is i was gona have turbofit lob some 550's in on the 23rd....... why of why didnt i just leave my foot off until the whole job had been done.

Poor guy. I have been there and done it mate :( Feel for you. I lost me car for about 8 months because of it!

100% duty does not necessarily mean lean. I've seen 1.3bar and fuelling never going leaner than 11.5:1 on 440's - this was however on a RR so things were a lot more controlled.

It's a bit of a moot point as this was 1.4bar for a long period of time so combustion chamber temps would have been very very high - that's a serious thermal strain on the engine and you never want a leanish condition in that situation.

At those kind of loads the fuelling from the 440's was almost certainly inadequate - damn shame and I hope it's not too expensive to fix.

• 3 weeks later...

hi chaps, interenets been playing up so only just managed to get online! been having withdrawal symptons!!

Bad news im afraid :( melton piston it is and im told its bad!

NO.2 cylinder is the culprit.

THe other cylinders have 159/160 compression tho which im told is really good. Im really really hopeing that the block isnt damaged and then can jsut get another piston in there.

Fingers crossed guys. Knight Racer on the 11th June now!!

Thats ace,

Do you think i should get my car to a certain location and then call them?!

Just get a mate whos got membership with the AA to turn up at your house. Let him say the cars his- remeber the members covered not the car--- and he wants it taken to CW. easy as that. I did this a few times and it works !!

Just get a mate whos got membership with the AA to turn up at your house. Let him say the cars his- remeber the members covered not the car--- and he wants it taken to CW. easy as that. I did this a few times and it works !!

His car is already at a garage being looked at/repaired.