The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

I've been down this road many times before. Usually on US forums were you get a much more aggressive response to any criticism of religion.

What it usually boils down to is that some people believe the Bible to be the absolute truth of all things and that science is a load of baloney. Others see science as emerging form and one that will provide more and more answers as technology progresses. One person once told me that if science eventually showed how the universe was created and that in all likelihood there is no God then she would still believe simply because she wanted to.

The thing is you can't argue with that kind of mindset.

I have been waiting for you to post that :)

Consider evolutionists ATM, they base their entire thinking on UNPROVEN theory, lol.......that takes major faith, fair play to anyone who can muster it up lol.

As usual, when challenged, evolutionists just increase the time scale to make it sound more plausable.

In the worldwide scientific community, seems creation is winning more followers than evoloution these last five years, as hair brained theories are not ringing the bells of the well eductaed these days.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been down this road many times before. Usually on US forums were you get a much more aggressive response to any criticism of religion.

What it usually boils down to is that some people believe the Bible to be the absolute truth of all things and that science is a load of baloney. Others see science as emerging form and one that will provide more and more answers as technology progresses. One person once told me that if science eventually showed how the universe was created and that in all likelihood there is no God then she would still believe simply because she wanted to.

The thing is you can't argue with that kind of mindset.

Actually you are the perfect example of this in reverse lol, no offence mate, but you really are.

In the worldwide scientific community, seems creation is winning more followers than evoloution these last five years, as hair brained theories are not ringing the bells of the well eductaed these days.

I doubt that. Do you have any links to articles backing this claim up?

Actually you are the perfect example of this in reverse lol, no offence mate, but you really are.

Actually no. If God could be proven to exist then I would accept that with no trouble at all. I may not agree with the teachings of the filthy, money-grabbing, power-hungry organisations set up in it's name though.

actually I can't work out what you're both arguing about.. either I'm too stupid to follow or this is four pages of complete bollocks?

Do people still believe in god any more?

Martin, after 6 Stellas I commend you for being able to actually focus, never mind type anything.. :thumbs:

Consider evolutionists ATM, they base their entire thinking on UNPROVEN theory, lol.......that takes major faith, fair play to anyone who can muster it up lol.

The world was once flat until people had the time, money, knowledge and courage to prove otherwise.

Do you fear that one day science will be able to answer all questions and that you'll then have to accept that we merely are, that there is nothing greater than the existence we know and that we are all fleeting creations born of accident and no more worthy than we believe ourselves to be.

Many people do need the crutch of religion in order to cope with life. I guess it takes away some responsibility and pressure. Shame.

Consider evolutionists ATM, they base their entire thinking on UNPROVEN theory, lol.......

You're touting the bible and laughing at environmentalists for not having enough evidence?

So 'belief in creation' = well educated

and 'belief in evolution' = not well educated?

How self involved is that?

actually I can't work out what you're both arguing about.. either I'm too stupid to follow or this is four pages of complete bollocks?

I'd go with bollocks myself.

Do people still believe in god any more?

Sadly yes and it's holding mankind back.

Martin, after 6 Stellas I commend you for being able to actually focus, never mind type anything.. :thumbs:

I appeared to lose the ability to quote properly and my eyes were sore but thanks.;)

You're touting the bible and laughing at environmentalists for not having enough evidence?

Go Mike, go Mike.:nana:

i believe there is one, there wouldnt be bibles etc for no reason put in this world

Yeah, that old mind control trick never worked did it?

..and they sound like a bunch words written by old guys... he probably did all those miracles and that...

........and the most dangerous one of all, all that survival of the fittest and brain washing of the crumbling "origin of species", a fast moving and deadly poisin. :(

:conf: So Darwin' theory is a 'fast moving and deadly poisin' (sic), care to explain why?

By the way, the origin of species is only a small part of the theory of evolution;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

:blink: that's what RED M is implying about people who follow creationism

Ultimately though, I don't believe in the existence of Jesus Christ but I do believe the Romans existed.

The belief in the exsistence of Jesus Christ and the belief that he was the son of God are two completely different things. I was brought up to be religious, but am not now. I do however believe that there was a man called Jesus, probably a prophet of some kind and that the parts of the bible about him excluding the miracles he performed are probably true. :)

What I honestly don't understand is why so many people have this creationism vs evolution attitude.

Why can't both be true? I.e god creates universe and the rest sorts itself out. What I find annoying is that both camps seem to have the view that they are 100% correct and nothing else could possibly be considered accurate. For example if you believe that there is a god then you simply must believe that an OAP built an ark, and that Jesus walked on water (using Christianity as an example here because I know very little about other religious stories).

Same as the 'pro choice' or 'pro life' abortion argument, extreme blinkered views on either side simply annoys everyone else.

What I honestly don't understand is why so many people have this creationism vs evolution attitude.

Why can't both be true? I.e god creates universe and the rest sorts itself out. What I find annoying is that both camps seem to have the view that they are 100% correct and nothing else could possibly be considered accurate. For example if you believe that there is a god then you simply must believe that an OAP built an ark, and that Jesus walked on water (using Christianity as an example here because I know very little about other religious stories).

Same as the 'pro choice' or 'pro life' abortion argument, extreme blinkered views on either side simply annoys everyone else.

:yeahthat: brilliant!

Good post. That's exactly how I see it. It's so black and white to both sides about their own arguments.

The belief in the exsistence of Jesus Christ and the belief that he was the son of God are two completely different things. I was brought up to be religious, but am not now. I do however believe that there was a man called Jesus, probably a prophet of some kind and that the parts of the bible about him excluding the miracles he performed are probably true. :)

:thumbs:

I had to switch over to the cricket after the flogging scene only to watch another dismal performance from our boys. Recorded the movie and will watch the rest of it later.....

Debates on Religion is just like arguing who's imaginary friend is better.

Like a couple of posts back I was brought up to be religious went to church on Sunday's on the Church youth focus group, however not religious now.

There is no concrete proof that God , Jesus, Allah, the virgin Mary exists only written words, this is why I stopped believing because I did not want to follow anything that is not proven. However on that I am not foolish to not accept that there is something there but to believe that God made it all or whoever you want to believe made the universe to me now is pointless.

Wont it be a big kick in the nuts if one day that people from outer space came with proof they put us here, imagine the shit that would cause, sound radical and stupid?? so does worshiping something that has not been proven in the slightest.

Yes it is a belief and people have a right to believe what they want end off.