The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

I've read the Bible about a half dozen times and I'm an atheist by choice.QUOTE]

I dont believe you, your writing seems very short on information you coulnt possibly have missed, you dont even know the N.T. writers of the correct timescale of it being written, which is not as some popular atheists have made a complete balls of trying to claim, unless most of the writers did it from the grave lol.

I must see if i can get that guy to write me a cheque for what he owed me that died a few years ago :)

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All science may do for Love is to figure out which parts of the brain are responsible and why, no more than that.

Science certainly doesn't dictate whether one person should or shouldn't love another like religion does, else we'd have Orthodox Biologists or Seven Day Particle Physics.

..and nor should it. Why should love be taught by either science or religion when it is part of neither?

No offence Martin but your writing here to hear yourself, or to pass the time or something ???

Love is the principle foundation of all religion, dude you have never read the bible, and we are way off topic now, what happened to the film?

I've read the Bible about a half dozen times and I'm an atheist by choice.QUOTE]

your writing seems very short on information

No, my writing is more about 6 or 7 pints of Stella, a time past midnight, one of my fave films (Office Space) on the tv and some rather heavy eyelids that are urging me towards bed.

On the other hand, so I've read the Bible and dismissed it. Big deal. Not the first, won't be the last.

No offence Martin but your writing here to hear yourself, or to pass the time or something ???

Love is the principle foundation of all religion, dude you have never read the bible, and we are way off topic now, what happened to the film?

So are you saying that to believe in love means you have to also believe in religion?

I'm pretty sure that would be wrong.

...and yes I have read the Bible. More than a few times. The last time was in 1994. It's amazing what you'll read when stuck in a house for 18 months.

No, my writing is more about 6 or 7 pints of Stella, a time past midnight, one of my fave films (Office Space) on the tv and some rather heavy eyelids that are urging me towards bed.

On the other hand, so I've read the Bible and dismissed it. Big deal. Not the first, won't be the last.

makes sense lol,

is that one time or 6, and how many eyes were open when you read it?

ok can someone answer me this. Jesus is supost to have been born on the 25th of december this date dosnt change and is the same every year right, so howcome the "rebirth" of christ changes every year? "um well I think it was a sunday Peter oh no no Matthew it was most defently on the Friday blah blah blah", to me it would seem christianity has stolen most of the festivals form nearly the whole pagan calander (in away it had to or the current pagans would have removed their heads). I have nothing against religion as long as it A) dosnt hold humanity back and B) dosnt cause suffering on others.

ok can someone answer me this. Jesus is supost to have been born on the 25th of december this date dosnt change and is the same every year right, so howcome the "rebirth" of christ changes every year? "um well I think it was a sunday Peter oh no no Matthew it was most defently on the Friday blah blah blah", to me it would seem christianity has stolen most of the festivals form nearly the whole pagan calander (in away it had to or the current pagans would have removed their heads). I have nothing against religion as long as it A) dosnt hold humanity back and B) dosnt cause suffering on others.

The dates are the chosen ones of celebrate/remember etc, nowhere in the bible, as Red M will confirm does it state the dates, therefore the the dates are the chosen ones, which may be a few days out, but so what if they are?

Bible = Blah...

Normal stuff = Dinosaurs rock

Yes, and they are in bible, "Behemoth" is the original name for the species, and yes its there. The word dinosaur was invented in 1677 by DR Robert Plot, therefore the name was added after the KJV version was written. It's Hillarious how the Brontosaurus the O so well known creature is no longer in dinosaur dictionarys. Scientists had put the wrong head on the body and came out with a creature that didnt exist. It;s always good comedy watching people take a pile of bones, putting them together and stating "this one died biting this ones neck" what a load of piffle lol. It's also interesting how 15th century Preuvian caves had various Dino relatives drawn on the walls. How the heck did they know what they looked like. Maybe they were around not so long ago hence the dragon legends?.

who said science does not try to use the same "control mechinism" as religion? does everyone insist on avoiding the giant pink elephant known as "climate change" sitting in the room? imho science itself is a religion.
........and the most dangerous one of all, all that survival of the fittest and brain washing of the crumbling "origin of species", a fast moving and deadly poisin. :(

The dates are the chosen ones of celebrate/remember etc, nowhere in the bible, as Red M will confirm does it state the dates, therefore the the dates are the chosen ones, which may be a few days out, but so what if they are?

Yes, and they are in bible, "Behemoth" is the original name for the species, and yes its there. The word dinosaur was invented in 1677 by DR Robert Plot, therefore the name was added after the KJV version was written. It's Hillarious how the Brontosaurus the O so well known creature is no longer in dinosaur dictionarys. Scientists had put the wrong head on the body and came out with a creature that didnt exist. It;s always good comedy watching people take a pile of bones, putting them together and stating "this one died biting this ones neck" what a load of piffle lol. It's also interesting how 15th century Preuvian caves had various Dino relatives drawn on the walls. How the heck did they know what they looked like. Maybe they were around not so long ago hence the dragon legends?.

........and the most dangerous one of all, all that survival of the fittest and brain washing of the crumbling "origin of species", a fast moving and deadly poisin. :(

...and you were doing so well until this post.

But Science is purely an appreciation of the more believed theory, taking all of the proven evidence into consideration...

Yes, and MOST people used to think the earth was flat, lol.....

What proven evidence, and by what method?. Carbon dating is now down to 2200 year accuracy, the rest is written by a bunch of greddy money making so called scientists who by preaching their theory as if it were true, keep themselves in a job, prop up their own ego's tryint to rewrite history.

As the well read RED M can confirm, the historical writings of the bible go over many thousands of years, lines of kings, wars etc, many of which are all confirmed in the Koran, and the records of many middle eastern countries. Moses, Solomon, Ruth, and loads of others all confirmed else where. However subjective history is like subjective science, propaganda at its best.

and still am, fact is always easy written. ;)

I've been down this road many times before. Usually on US forums were you get a much more aggressive response to any criticism of religion.

What it usually boils down to is that some people believe the Bible to be the absolute truth of all things and that science is a load of baloney. Others see science as emerging form and one that will provide more and more answers as technology progresses. One person once told me that if science eventually showed how the universe was created and that in all likelihood there is no God then she would still believe simply because she wanted to.

The thing is you can't argue with that kind of mindset.