The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

What I honestly don't understand is why so many people have this creationism vs evolution attitude.

Why can't both be true? I.e god creates universe and the rest sorts itself out. What I find annoying is that both camps seem to have the view that they are 100% correct and nothing else could possibly be considered accurate. For example if you believe that there is a god then you simply must believe that an OAP built an ark, and that Jesus walked on water (using Christianity as an example here because I know very little about other religious stories).

Same as the 'pro choice' or 'pro life' abortion argument, extreme blinkered views on either side simply annoys everyone else.

Thought I'd quote myself here as it's been many many pages of absolute crap since I actually made a point worth reading. Unfortunately all actual debate on the subject has been well and truly snuffed out by people in both camps I mentioned above taking shots at each other. Cheif has stopped even responding to my posts about evolution and the universe, which I thought were both scientific and in the spirit of an adult discussion :(

Ah well, it's not like I have anything to contribute to the rest of the site. :D

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd quote myself here as it's been many many pages of absolute crap since I actually made a point worth reading. Unfortunately all actual debate on the subject has been well and truly snuffed out by people in both camps I mentioned above taking shots at each other. Cheif has stopped even responding to my posts about evolution and the universe, which I thought were both scientific and in the spirit of an adult discussion :(

Ah well, it's not like I have anything to contribute to the rest of the site. :D

Sorry, but I am just tired and burnt out. I would have liked to have seen a thread of that quality of post only, but the general taking shots bit ( I felt like a fox with the hunt behind me) just burnt out all interest. It happens here quite a bit, if some one hasnt anything interesting to add they take shots at people.

I think you may understand where i am coming from on this one.

Thanks for taking the time to add some interesting bits to the now dead debate.

Most of the posts here are insults in my direction, not debate, just harassment.

Yeah - lucky you didn't sink to that eh?

A pack member barks

I've mostly given up on this thread. However - it seems to me that most of the non-believers are quite open minded. They have their opinions, they don't believe in god / the bible but for those that do - fair enough. Where as you seem to be on some kind of crusade - why can't you just accept that some of us think the bible is a load of fiction, and polarised religion causes wars?

I don't really care if you can present 1000 arguments against it - I believe it and your opinion makes no difference to that at all.

imo i think religon will eventually die out as its been going downhill for a long time now, it always confused me though all those people some really poor who struggle to get by every week still would hand over money to the church which is the richest group around:search:

I've mostly given up on this thread. However - it seems to me that most of the non-believers are quite open minded. They have their opinions, they don't believe in god / the bible but for those that do - fair enough.

I have to agree with you here Dave (joins said pack :) ), most of the non believers seem pretty open minded even if they don't believe.

I can't really see this so called pack in this thread. I can see RedM and Chief having a small but minor disagreement but thats about it IMO. I thought most others who contributed just voiced there opinion.

The most sensible thing I read in the last few pages was Chief referring to Human kind being the problem in both arguments. He voiced his opinion that there is corruption within parts of the church (as there is in most parts of our society). But like he said it is unfair to tar all religious people with the same brush.

There are good people in this world and bad people (although that boils down to your definition of good and bad, and right and wrong, which is a whole different debate and varies from culture to culture).

I thought this thread was quite interesting all in all and the only thing that really got in the way of the debate was the whole "how many times you have read the bible bit".

Mark

Can I be the first pack member to call for the locking of this thread? :D

You can but I'll shake my head at you as the whole "thread over, lock it" thing annoys the hell out of me.

There may be others who visit once a month who have something important to add, we shouldn't rob them of the opportunity - when a thread is ready to die it does so naturally.

You can but I'll shake my head at you as the whole "thread over, lock it" thing annoys the hell out of me.

There may be others who visit once a month who have something important to add, we shouldn't rob them of the opportunity - when a thread is ready to die it does so naturally.

That's the second time my sarcasm and dry wit has been misinterpreted in this thread. ;)

in that case..... " can one of the mods please lock this thread" :D

imo i think religon will eventually die out as its been going downhill for a long time nowQUOTE]

:cool: i think you'll find its the opposite...

I beg to differ. I can only go by western culture but I defo think it has declined drastically.