The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

i got to post 300, and then realized how uneducated i am, i do not believe in god, i have never been to church except the odd wedding or christening that i have been dragged to, i am a simple guy who likes things in life and am prepared to work hard for them, but i do take my hat off to the 2 main players in this thread for being so imformative, and it did make me think if you believed something so passionatley and then when you died realized it was a load of bo**cks would you be gutted:D

:p well if the dead meat theory was true i dont think i would have the ability to care :p however creationism would pose a problem for many ;) :p

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Here's something. Ever noticed the resemblence between solar systems and atomic structure?

What if our galaxy and universe just make up the molecules of an even bigger universe?

Maybe the "big bang" (for those of you who believe it, of course!) was just a giant fusion experiment or something?

Edit: come to think of it, that would be a creationist theory too!

BTW, as the oh so well read Red M will confirm, the bible mentions there are "countless stars", so your agree with it now? (So does the Koran)

OK Martin waiting for you to confirm to the fellow pack members, as they dont believe a word i say.

Thanks for the sarky comment You can do your own confirming, god-boy.

If all those stars, planets etc do exist in those numbers then I wonder how many have life on them.

If they don't have life then why not? Could it be due to conditions not being as favourable as they are here on Earth or could it be that God had to have umpteen goes at getting it right? Which, of course, cannot be the case because he is both all knowing and all powerful so he would have known instantly how to make the perfect planet. Maybe he was just messing around. I await the discovery of the penis shaped planet or the nebula that spells 'bollocks' when viewed at the correct angle.

Then again, maybe they just weren't in a favourable area of space and god had nothing to do with it. After all, what point a god if it has no followers and what point followers if the planet they inhabit could be wiped out by a meteor strike or by a nearby star blowing up or by their own unchecked expansion or by etc etc?

...and why dinosaurs? I mean, god being all knowing means he must have known they'd be killed off so why bother with them in the first place? Why not go straight to man (and until human bones show up in the very deepest rock strata then we absolutely weren't here first)?

Did he therefore create them just to watch them die? Lucky for them that they had itty, bitty little brains and lacked the capacity to create (sorry, worship) a god. They'd have been hoping mad if they knew they'd been sacrificed for no good reason.

Ooh, it's all so confusing....

A slug...gods handiwork ?

How about a snowflake...is that gods work ?

What about a rose....a beautiful example of gods achievement on earth ?

Or how about the atomic bomb, or the holocaust, cancer, poverty, famine....gods work but done in a mysterious way ?

So god gave scientists the tools to cure disease on a monday, and on the tuesday gave scientists the tools to kill millions ?

I recently had some avid zealot trying to convince me that war / plague / famine was gods way of protecting the world from overpopulation. The same damn woman who had my Dad cremated in a Jehovas Witness ceremony...hilarious considering he was a devout athiest, obviously until after he died at which time he miraculously became religious.

Respect to those who believe in whichever of the myriad of gods there are to choose from, but I'm not buying it.

So, you cant confirm it as you have never read it.

This is the member who stated he had read it 6 times.

BULLSHIT !! you lie !! you have never read it, Liar boy.

No, Ernie, what it means is that I'm tired of your little digs so don't ask me for anything. I've read it six times. I've read other books more. Why do you find it so hard to accept? Have I read it more times than you? Is that what bothers you? Maybe you find it hard to accept that, having read it so many times, I am not a raving zealot who should be the Archbishop of Canterbury?

Or is it that you just like to think you are right all the time?

I attended Holy Island C of E primary school. At the end of the final term I won a prize for good work and christian behaviour. I was awarded a New English Bible as the top prize. The kid who came second got an Airfix Lancaster bomber.

I've been an athiest ever since.

I attended Holy Island C of E primary school. At the end of the final term I won a prize for good work and christian behaviour. I was awarded a New English Bible as the top prize. The kid who came second got an Airfix Lancaster bomber.

I've been an athiest ever since.

LMAO, God must not like your christian work :)

iv read the bible a few times to come to my own conclusions and decided it was a load of bull but that is my opinion and i dont force it on others same as others dont force there biblical views on me(they tried but failed).

theres too much proof in science to show how we are here anyway and that the bibal is a good story

If all those stars, planets etc do exist in those numbers then I wonder how many have life on them.

If they don't have life then why not?

How about this then: How many planets in the universe have we actually even checked for life and found none? We haven't even checked all the planets in our own solar system yet!

How about this then: How many planets in the universe have we actually even checked for life and found none? We haven't even checked all the planets in our own solar system yet!

the chance of finding life on another planet is greater then not finding life,the planet doesnt even have to bee like ours as we are carbon based life forms that need a class m planet like earth,but other lifeforms may not be carbon based and can therefor survive on other planets.

it was only a few years back they discovered bacteria on mars

yep, think we are all agreed, there are good and bad in both religious and non religious people, and it's all open to interpretation..The non believers on both sides will not be changed, not in next couple of days or so... unless we die, apparently..

Who said life in the middle east was peaceful before oil...

Admitedly cut and pasted, probably from a scientists site ...!

"Another turning point in the history of the Middle East came when oil was discovered, first in Persia in 1908 and later in Saudi Arabia (in 1938) "

I will be first to admit, very naive when comes to middle east, but briefly back on topic, with the film but wasn't that based on dates prior to 1908..?

various numbers arising on number of stars, and yes surely guestimates, but a couple of sites..

"Star survey reaches 70 sextillion

70,000 million million million to choose from.

different site

"Question: How many stars are known to be in the sky?

janette l gubala

Answer: There are an estimated 10^10 (10 billion) stars in the Milky Way..

there are an estimated 10^10 galaxies in the universe.. (pretty easy to remember

so far, huh? ...*grin*) so that makes 10^20 stars total. Now if you meant: how

many can be SEEN in the night sky, then the answer is far, far smaller than 10^1 0, maybe a few

thousand on a good, clear night."

a billion...

One thousand million (1,000,000,000) is the natural number following 999,999,999 and preceding 1,000,000,001.

In scientific notation, it is written as 10^9.

In modern ('short scale') English language usage, it is usually called a billion (although in many other languages and 'long scale' usage, a billion means a million millions (or 1,000,000,000,000), instead of a thousand millions).

Think I can safely say, although wildly varying, both very large numbers, so believe the comment falsely using large numbers may be slightly incorrect..

Personally here it is not a clear night, I can only see about 10 stars, so I will put a pen mark on the window where each star is, and try to continue tomorrow..

As for no proof, surely these people who speak to god, and get answers could ask him/her/it to provide the answer.

As for religion is not about money, hmm, true can't remember facts, but put that down to being old, and forgetful, but seem to remember the Church of England being within about the top 3 or 4 landowners in England, and is very wealthy, as they try to make people feel guilty if they do not donate enough money.

As for books teaching good and bad, again interpretation, I don't think Adam and Eve had a bible, or equivalent.

Personally I think the Brothers Grimm do a few books that teach good and bad, right and wrong

Actually it's pretty much applicable to every house, it's the new trend. It's ridiculous.

You can pay about £40 for an indemnity to protect yourself against it now though.

I think it only applies to houses that are on former church land.