The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever way you look at it there are many more out there they we're physically able to count (which is still way into the billions). This does not change that the we were just lucky with the conditons we got. In many millions of years from now this planet will become uninhabitable with our sun growing in size.

We have monitored the sun for what in the space of time you speak is a very short space. Therefore we can only assume that this will happened, maybe it will cool a little at a later point? considering the sun is very hard to study, we are once again going on a theory.

I can understand why so many people quite theory as fact, its because the BBC, N.G. and such channels do tend to preach it as such, which is a mellow form of mind control IMO.

:cool: honestly dude i love the way you get your point across.... i'll now stop answering your posts till its worth the hassle ;)

What an amazing retort, I am simply stunned and amazed with your superior intellect and will remove myself from this discussion as i clearly am outclassed by the religious Boys.

I may even join the Church of Scientology.:rolleyes:

They all use the same useless babble!

Oi! Leave him to his opinion - after all he's entitled to it - this is after all, a democracy!

(Oh - that's your line isn't it? Or have you changed your mind now, given up on democracy and decided to dictate to everyone what is and what isn't the truth just because it's what you believe?)

;)

Take a look at society in 1950, and now, the moral code has changed some, well for many people, I generalise here.

you'll have to excuse my ignorance but I'm not really up to date on my 1950's morals. The one thing that does spring to mind from that era is the 'no sex before marriage' clause was a lot stronger. To me this would have the opposite effect on what was trying to be achieved.

Oi! Leave him to his opinion - after all he's entitled to it - this is after all, a democracy!

(Oh - that's your line isn't it? Or have you changed your mind now, given up on democracy and decided to dictate to everyone what is and what isn't the truth just because it's what you believe?)

;)

I don't follow you, that was my opinion not saying that Penguin was wrong.....or did i, you obviously know what I mean better than Me.

Take a look at society in 1950, and now, the moral code has changed some, well for many people, I generalise here.

I think what Cable is trying to say is that you don't have to be religious to be a good person. Fortunately me and Cable have / had very good parents who taught us certain values. We are as you know from this thread non believers in God etc but we do I feel treat others with respect, have good manners and are generally good people. Now this isn't the case with everyone as all people are different. This is the case with religious and non religious people. There are many religious people who think they are good, who are actually bad.

I don't follow you, that was my opinion not saying that Penguin was wrong.....or did i, you obviously know what I mean better than Me.

I don't profess to know what you mean, I only know what you actually said. It's not my fault if you can't express yourself.

You said "They all use the same useless babble!", clearly stating (as if fact) that the 3 books mentioned by Penguin actually ARE using "useless babble".

If you meant to say "They all use [what is in my opinion] the same useless babble!" then perhaps you should have done so, then perhaps I and everyone here would have known what you meant.

Sorry, but if you are going to pick holes in what I say, then expect me to return the favour.

And so it goes on......

And my placid post about the religious state of affairs in Israel has been side tracked for one that is more contraversial.

This thread has a history of violence. :D

Yep. What started out as an interesting debate seems to me to have descended into pointlessness.

I love you all - peace and harmony to everyone and all that - but I'll go read other stuff around the forum now.

:D

i got to post 300, and then realized how uneducated i am, i do not believe in god, i have never been to church except the odd wedding or christening that i have been dragged to, i am a simple guy who likes things in life and am prepared to work hard for them, but i do take my hat off to the 2 main players in this thread for being so imformative, and it did make me think if you believed something so passionatley and then when you died realized it was a load of bo**cks would you be gutted:D

i got to post 300, and then realized how uneducated i am, i do not believe in god, i have never been to church except the odd wedding or christening that i have been dragged to, i am a simple guy who likes things in life and am prepared to work hard for them, but i do take my hat off to the 2 main players in this thread for being so imformative, and it did make me think if you believed something so passionatley and then when you died realized it was a load of bo**cks would you be gutted:D

I take it you mean in either side of the debate.?