The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

Everyone to their own believe, keep it to yourself, as for evolution or creator, the answer was filmed http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videogoodthingscometothosewhowait.html

As for god, I know if my children kept walking around talking to imaginary friends people would call them mad and they would be locked up, but if your imaginary friend is called God then that is OK..

Charlotte, have your say and your opinion, just because chief seems slightly better educated, or good with cut and paste, does not mean he is not a hypocryt.

I think everyone believes evolution does exist in one form or another, as there was the celica/supra, then the supra, then the mk III supra, and the one we all love the mk IV supra, now that is evoloution in a relatively short span of time.

Sorry chief, I can't magic a fish out of water to grow legs, and walk on land, but surely the frog's spawn, to tadpole to frog is pretty damn close...

Is for DNA and creation, how come babies/people occassionally get born with 6 toes or fingers, and other additional features, or some missing, did 'god' have a late night or something, and miss a 0 or a 1 off somewhere.

Sorry all, don't paste much, but as wasted time of the other threads, thought why not add a comment

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlotte, have your say and your opinion, just because chief seems slightly better educated, or good with cut and paste, does not mean he is not a hypocryt.

Everyone is a hypocrite, we know that, I dont put myself on any higher moral ground than anyone else.

Cut and paste, only from myown previous postings. IF you can find my long posts outside supra site's on the internet I'll give you my car.

I think everyone believes evolution does exist in one form or another, as there was the celica/supra, then the supra, then the mk III supra, and the one we all love the mk IV supra, now that is evolution in a relatively short span of time.

In the case of the Supra its down to good designers at Toyota, we rob them of integrity to claim the car evolved. Perhaps the word evolution is one of the most misused and abused words in our dictionary.

Thats like the egg and chicken, no big shakes there, BTW which came first?

It was put to me last night, why go through this post style all over again? well i saw an opportunity (provided by Red M) and took it. Does the "hunting pack still exist?" thats makes so many Supra owners I have met over the years stay clear of either joining or doing regular posts? YES :), does Charlotte still have her bouncers YES, and does the thought of the existence of a God scare people YES. Well thats my findings, and its been fun :)

P.S. I;d also like to add that the additude towards me since I have changed my displayed location to Northern Ireland from "down by the seaside" as it used to be, is noticeable, or so I have had it suggest to me. :innocent:

P.S. I;d also like to add that the additude towards me since I have changed my displayed location to Northern Ireland from "down by the seaside" as it used to be, is noticeable, or so I have had it suggest to me. :innocent:

Did the voices in your head tell you that?

Did the voices in your head tell you that?

Oh that's helpful - really helpful.

And so this goes on...and on....

So what if people have different beliefs? Why try to wind them up repeatedly? This is achieving nothing but prolonging what is now a pointless thread - it's not even a discussion any more.

This whole site is going down hill rapidly I'm afraid.

So what if people have different beliefs? Why try to wind them up repeatedly? This is achieving nothing but prolonging what is now a pointless thread - it's not even a discussion any more.

Is it a prerequisite that all posts have to be helpful?

As I've already said I'm perfectly happy to accept the opinions of anyone on the subjects being discussed here even if I don't agree with some, or any, of them.

I'm not attempting to wind anyone up, I'm just amused by the presumptions of the poster in question who clearly feels he's being bullied, an amusing twist considering his previous behaviour.

Pointless thread? On a tangent perhaps but no thread is pointless.

And if you feel the site is going downhill rapidly (didn't we go through this years ago?) do something about it or move on.

In the case of the Supra its down to good designers at Toyota, we rob them of integrity to claim the car evolved. Perhaps the word evolution is one of the most misused and abused words in our dictionary.

Thats like the egg and chicken, no big shakes there, BTW which came first?

It was put to me last night, why go through this post style all over again? well i saw an opportunity (provided by Red M) and took it. Does the "hunting pack still exist?" thats makes so many Supra owners I have met over the years stay clear of either joining or doing regular posts? YES :), does Charlotte still have her bouncers YES, and does the thought of the existence of a God scare people YES. Well thats my findings, and its been fun :)

This is a discussion, and i have seen arguments for and against, this is democracy and everybody is entitled to their say, if you class that as going down hill then you appear to be very narrow minded indeed.

This is achieving nothing but prolonging what is now a pointless thread - it's not even a discussion any more.

So why bother posting? I'm finding it all rather amusing personally.

Does this mean you'll be leaving us?

there are two members on this site who seem hell bent on annoying other members or don't think about how others feel etc. I just ignore anything they say on here as I'm sure they dont have the filter fitted between their brain and mouth (in this case, fingers).

Does this mean you'll be leaving us?

You wish!

I've been around too long to walk away just like that, new boy. ;)

This site is too valuable a resource to me and besides, I'm a lifetime member, so you'll have to put up with me a while longer.

I didn't mean to upset anyone - I simply thought it reasonable to ask that people don't post inflamatory comments for the sake of it. By all means, be amused if it amuses you, but if by posting things like "Did the voices in your head tell you that?", you're only going to wind someone up, then why post it at all? Perhaps I missed some deeper meaning in the question?

I know we've all been guilty of this in the past, but wasn't this when we poked fun at some kid at school to get a reaction?

This is a discussion, and i have seen arguments for and against, this is democracy and everybody is entitled to their say, if you class that as going down hill then you appear to be very narrow minded indeed.?

The comment I was referring to was quoted in my original post - sorry if you missed it. Perhaps you can explain just how it contributed to the discussion and put forward a point of view or argued against another point of view?

As for democracy - where did I say that people can't express their opinion? In fact, I said "So what if people have different beliefs?" This comment in itself accepts the fact that people will have different points of view and indeed suggests that they should all be accepted as such - points of view.

What I was objecting to was when the discussion (which is what this started out as) falls to the level of simply making derogitory comments such as this. This is not contributing to the discussion and is effectively un-democratic as it is ridiculing someone for their beliefs.

So, Matt, if you class my opinion that proper and fair discussion should be encouraged amongst the members here without resorting to snide comments as not being democratic, then you obviously have a different idea of just what democracy is?

My comment about the site going down hill was separated from my other comments because it referred to many other things that have been happening here over recent months, not just the direction taken by this thread.

This is my say, Matt. Thanks for letting me have it in true, democratic style.

:)

and does the thought of the existence of a God scare people YES. Well thats my findings, and its been fun :)

This is just my opinion but I have always seen the belief in a God / higher power to be something of a weakness. I.e fo those who cannot cope on their own and therefore need something to cling onto or pray to in time of need. Or for those that are afraid of the thought of death and so cling onto the idea that there is something better after death (unless of course you go to hell).

The existance of God does not scare me at all, the thought of death does slightly but theres nothing you can do about that.

I am quite an open minded person and if God came down and worked some miracle I would quite happily concede that I was wrong. But the sort of things that happened in the bible do not appear to happen anymore. For me there is no sign that God exists and the bible is just a big story book that has been used to give peopel hope. Hope is fine but all too often very bad things are done in the name of religion.

If you believe in in God then fine :) some do, some don't

Is it a prerequisite that all posts have to be helpful?

As I've already said I'm perfectly happy to accept the opinions of anyone on the subjects being discussed here even if I don't agree with some, or any, of them.

I'm not attempting to wind anyone up, I'm just amused by the presumptions of the poster in question who clearly feels he's being bullied, an amusing twist considering his previous behaviour.

Pointless thread? On a tangent perhaps but no thread is pointless.

And if you feel the site is going downhill rapidly (didn't we go through this years ago?) do something about it or move on.

Michael, I think you were bullied at school, and your internet terrorism is just the frustrations of that being made manifest.

Michael, I think you were bullied at school, and your internet terrorism is just the frustrations of that being made manifest.

In this thread, there is only one person I noticed being a little aggressive - and it wasn't Michael.

there are two members on this site who seem hell bent on annoying other members or don't think about how others feel etc. I just ignore anything they say on here as I'm sure they dont have the filter fitted between their brain and mouth (in this case, fingers).

Two? I can think of a few more to add to that list. Their time is spent being objectionable for the sake of it, and to seem like they are smart in some way. How pathetic. :rolleyes:

Hey! I've had a thought.

If religion didn't exist and science was as it is now ie. gradually working things out in a methodical way what would people make of the person that came along and tried to introduce the concept of a god? Assuming two thousand years of scientific study would you be able to introduce such a concept without being laughed at all the way to the asylum?

Funny you should mention that, I was severely bullied by one individual at primary school, a few years later I met my bully, I was bigger then, all my frustrations were let out and I've been a happy chap ever since.

I worry that you confuse honesty with terrorism though, your choice though, I'm happy to accept your views and am glad that we live in a world where, on the whole, people are allowed to be different.

does the thought of the existence of a God scare people YES.

*** ALERT *** ALERT ***

Sweeping generalisation in the area.

The existence of a god (or Gods if you accept that all religions are equally valid;) ) doesn't scare nor does the non-existence of them.

Well what a suprise another religous / meaning of life thread starts off quite interesting to read but very quickly turns in to 7 pages of argument and counter argument with accusations of this that and the other.

In the great scheme of things does it matter ?

Can't you both agree that you can piss equally as high as each other at the cubicles ;)

Hey! I've had a thought.

If religion didn't exist and science was as it is now ie. gradually working things out in a methodical way what would people make of the person that came along and tried to introduce the concept of a god? Assuming two thousand years of scientific study would you be able to introduce such a concept without being laughed at all the way to the asylum?

An interesting angle, I'm trying to think of an individual or event that has come along in more enlightened years that might cause a similar reaction on a smaller scale but I can't. The only stuff that is vaguely similar is the work of magician type chaps but with that we know it's a trick, we just don't know the mechanisms involved.

I suppose one similar path would be to examine the paranormal - again this seems to cause a believer / scientist split though and it's been around for a long time.

What about David Icke and his reptilian humanoids?