The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CH4 - Passion of the Christ

imi

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more into non-fiction stuff these days.

There is more evidence for the life of Christ than for Ceasar, unless you want to be politically correct and awfully modern, then you ignore that fact. :rolleyes:

Yes IMI humankind is the sickest of all the animals, the film is a great demonstration of how over zealous religious people always loose touch with the God they claim to represent.

Millions of people don't base their lives around Caesar though.

What did Caesar do that could compare to the life of Christ?

A true hero doesn't need a brutal army, doesnt murder all who oppose them, thats the work of a coward.

Napolean Bonaparte said "If I tell a soldier what to do, he does it because he fears me, but millions will lay down their lives for him because they love him, that is real power".

What did Caesar do that could compare to the life of Christ?

You assume Christ to have actually been a real person.

A true hero doesn't need a brutal army, doesnt murder all who oppose them, thats the work of a coward.

He got a brutal army in the form of the Christian church. The Crusades?

You assume Christ to have actually been a real person.

The Jews even say he was, lmao there is no contest there Martin, deny as you will, lots of Roman writers at the time documented the life and times. You might not like that reality, so just tell yourself its not true have a cuppa and go to bed, if it makes you happy.

He got a brutal army in the form of the Christian church. The Crusades?

Once again a great demonstration of human brutality, as Imi pointed out, just the same sort of brutality used against Christ of you have been watching. The Romans were brutal in govt, and in the later church, the nature of the beast i guess.

Ultimately though, I don't believe in the existence of Jesus Christ but I do believe the Romans existed. I also think that much of the Bible is folklore run amuck. The Bible makes for a very effective system of control and well, at the hands of some Roman writers, who knows what they could rustle up.

Ultimately though, I don't believe in the existence of Jesus Christ but I do believe the Romans existed. I also think that much of the Bible is folklore run amuck. The Bible makes for a very effective system of control and well, at the hands of some Roman writers, who knows what they could rustle up.

Your talking a serious load of shyte.

So, the history according to you is that the Jews, Romans, and early Christians were all in on a polt, to control the world after the death for thousands of years and maybe forever?

Your obviously not a dab hand at working out the odds.

So, the history according to you is that the Jews, Romans, and early Christians were all in on a polt, to control the world after the death for thousands of years and maybe forever?

...and it appears to still be working! :D

No seriously, I don't think the Bible is part of a plot. Assuming it's creation took many tens, if not hundreds of years, and had more writers than a bad soap opera, it seems unlikely that it is part of a long-term project.

However, it does appear to be a very effective control mechanism for millions of people.

Just think of what state this world would be in if there was nothing like it whatsoever, the word anarchy comes to mind.

Come to think of it, Richard Dawkins is the modern day master of mind control!.

That's a cop out. We will never be in a position to find out what the human race is actually capable of without this form of control. I don't think anarchy would be the result.

It'd be good, if very cruel, to isolate a bunch of people from birth and bring them up without the notion of God or anything religious ever entering their lives. If you gave them scientific answers I'm pretty sure they'd do okay and wouldn't descend into anarchy.

Who knows how the world be if there were no religion, but the fact is humans need stories, and need beliefs to exist happily. That's was the bible is, and any other organised religion for that matter, all-in-all it's not a bad message to preach, but just as this film shows both human love and human cruelty, religion will always be twisted to suit mens own ends.

As I've always said, he who wears the biggest hat gets to f@(k all the girls in the village.

It was pretty brutal film though, I turned off in the flogging scene.

Come to think of it, Richard Dawkins is the modern day master of mind control!.

Science is the new religion, I've said it before on here, men in coats who speak of things we know nothing about, tell us how to live our lives.

Why do we need to believe in something that cannot be proved in order to exist happily? In fact, we don't exist happily.

I've read the Bible about a half dozen times and I'm an atheist by choice. I don't lay awake wondering what the point of all this is. Actually I do but only with regard to my job.

I'm happy knowing that I was born, I'll live for a bit then I'll die and others will follow until the Sun blows up. Which is a bit of bugger for an omnipotent God especially if it wants people to keep believing.

That's a cop out. We will never be in a position to find out what the human race is actually capable of without this form of control. I don't think anarchy would be the result.

It'd be good, if very cruel, to isolate a bunch of people from birth and bring them up without the notion of God or anything religious ever entering their lives. If you gave them scientific answers I'm pretty sure they'd do okay and wouldn't descend into anarchy.

Now we go back to the old science debate, which i have already demonstrated the effects of via Darwin and his cousin Sir francis Galton. Thats a very ugly line of thinking, which also involves mind control, Galton dearly wanted a Godless world, and his analysis of such a society made for the worst possible scenario of human existence.

Science doent teach love, it writes it off as hysteria of some sort, it has no toleration of imperfection, and casts the first stone every time.

Perhaps when we all become perfect we can throw the first stones at those who give up all for others.

Science doent teach love, it writes it off as hysteria of some sort, it has no toleration of imperfection, and casts the first stone every time.

..and nor should it. Why should love be taught by either science or religion when it is part of neither?