The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single turbo dyno dip??

eyefi

Originally posted by Ian C

I've got a power dip around 3750 to 4000rpm thanks to the transition point and it goes lean for me. I've got it fattened up but then the areas either side go rich. It is, in my opinion, tuneable with an E-Manage but I'm still working on it on mine. (brace yourself Terry) it's tricky with an AFR adjustment piggyback because of the extrapolation performed between load sites, if there is a small area where things go strange then not only do you need a start and end load site but also a lead-in lead-out site as well to counteract this extrapolation by flatlining it. As there are some very linear areas of the map and the E-Manage has 16 rpm sites, I reckon sacrificing some resolution at linear parts of the rev range is worth it so you can cluster four load sites around the 3500-4000rpm area to tune this behaviour out.

So there :p

-Ian

A comment like " I was considering doing that ", doesn't really cut it... :conf: ;)

Originally posted by Ian C

As there are some very linear areas of the map and the E-Manage has 16 rpm sites, I reckon sacrificing some resolution at linear parts of the rev range is worth it so you can cluster four load sites around the 3500-4000rpm area to tune this behaviour out.

That sounds like a good plan to me, you generally do the same thing with replacement ECU`s as well, you would sacrifice some resolution across the midrange to give you more resolution for idle and spool area.

Prime example on the AEM is the base maps go way upto 10500rpm which I am never going to run so drop the top of the map to approx 8500rpm and gain some load sites early down to give finer tuning around idle etc.

:thumbs:

Guest Terry S

No not Dudes car, we only have that on a SAFC1!!!!!!!!!

Just most cars with a stock ecu and a piggyback seem lean at that point, Matt's seems rich. It has a moody ECU with no fuel cut and a 8k rev limiter. We think it may be a Mines, but the tune around that point seems hard to get into the 11's