The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single turbo dyno dip??

eyefi

bloody 'el. thats about a 50hp / 30ftlb drop on the 2nd graph. i wouldnt have expected to see such a big difference. i can understand it on the stock turbos because of what is physically happening with the prespool. man that would anoy the hell out of me.

Guest Terry S

Eyefi I am not sure exactly how a VPC works. Generally things fudge the stock map. We have seen a car with an e-manage run Mad rich at this point which will lose lots of power, I have also seen a SAFC car run lean there both with singles. As I said a standalone will tune it out.

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by SimonB

Surely you could also tune it out with an Emanage by adjusting the fueling at that point?

Doesn't seem so, we have it much better but not completely lineargoes 11.3>10.5>11.3. It is a Mines ECU though and does some very weird things. Will need to try a bog stock ecu and see.

Originally posted by stealthhosts

That means he'll lick it till it shines :D

A metaphor for life for us all?

i once seen a metaphor shoot out the sky it had a flaming tail and landed next to my astra when i was in macdonalds drive through, the thing left a bloody great hole in the ground and scorched all the paint on my astra, it made all the paint loose its colour and turned it pink.

it was like a mach 3 a bloody close shave.

maybe i should write a book of my life

I've got a power dip around 3750 to 4000rpm thanks to the transition point and it goes lean for me. I've got it fattened up but then the areas either side go rich. It is, in my opinion, tuneable with an E-Manage but I'm still working on it on mine. (brace yourself Terry) it's tricky with an AFR adjustment piggyback because of the extrapolation performed between load sites, if there is a small area where things go strange then not only do you need a start and end load site but also a lead-in lead-out site as well to counteract this extrapolation by flatlining it. As there are some very linear areas of the map and the E-Manage has 16 rpm sites, I reckon sacrificing some resolution at linear parts of the rev range is worth it so you can cluster four load sites around the 3500-4000rpm area to tune this behaviour out.

So there :p

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

I've got a power dip around 3750 to 4000rpm thanks to the transition point and it goes lean for me. I've got it fattened up but then the areas either side go rich. It is, in my opinion, tuneable with an E-Manage but I'm still working on it on mine. (brace yourself Terry) it's tricky with an AFR adjustment piggyback because of the extrapolation performed between load sites, if there is a small area where things go strange then not only do you need a start and end load site but also a lead-in lead-out site as well to counteract this extrapolation by flatlining it. As there are some very linear areas of the map and the E-Manage has 16 rpm sites, I reckon sacrificing some resolution at linear parts of the rev range is worth it so you can cluster four load sites around the 3500-4000rpm area to tune this behaviour out.

So there :p

-Ian

Jezus you swallow an E-manage book Ian. :blink:

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

i once seen a metaphor shoot out the sky it had a flaming tail and landed next to my astra when i was in macdonalds drive through, the thing left a bloody great hole in the ground and scorched all the paint on my astra, it made all the paint loose its colour and turned it pink.

it was like a mach 3 a bloody close shave.

maybe i should write a book of my life

That wasn't a metaphor. That was a comment.

-Ian

Originally posted by migster

Jezus you swallow an E-manage book Ian. :blink:

No, but I'm writing one lol.

Sometimes I wish I didn't know what I know because most of what I know I had to find out because the bastard car didn't work for some spurious reason that's never, ever the simple reason :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Ian C

No, but I'm writing one lol.

Sometimes I wish I didn't know what I know because most of what I know I had to find out because the bastard car didn't work for some spurious reason that's never, ever the simple reason :)

-Ian

You are just plain lucky..............jonah