The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange Fuelling problem

Steve

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve did you do the Emanage throttle setup? and Ian, Were the WOT runs showing 100% TPS and the same voltages?

The E-Manage doesn't datalog the voltage, but it was recording a 99 to 100% throttle position. It bases this on an initial calibration that you perform with the E-Manage unit where it measures the closed and open TPS voltages. WOT is normally about 3.8v from memory.

-Ian

Did steve try and re-adjust the TPS not so long ago? or did he just check it was in spec.

We dont use the emanage for Datalogging as we have the LM1 with auxbox for that which gives you voltages as well and a lot more other useful info (fuel pressure etc etc), the reason i mentioned this was ive seen TP sensors that drop voltage slightly on WOT due to wear, though 99% of the 0.40v -3.80v range shouldnt make much of a difference to the ECU. Theres something making the ECU add more duration...just cant figure what

Ian, were the MAP and Greddy Pressure Sensor reading roughly the same as what they were on the day of mapping?

Yep. I just checked that pair of 3rd gear runs you did in quick succession where one was fine and one overfuelled. The GReddy pressure sensor read fine and the stock MAP voltages tallied with what it was seeing.

I've attached the two files and highlighted in some hideous purple colour the comparable load sites. Run 1 is too rich, Run 2 is a little lean but that's because we knocked the fuel pressure down 4psi - it was otherwise almost the same as the mapping day. Regardless of that the point is that the purple highlighted lines should give the same ECU inj Dur ms values and they don't.

-Ian

4 psi lower 3rd gear run 1.xls

4 psi lower 3rd gear run 2.xls

Thanks Ian :)

Think i mentioned this to you Ian.

One thing i found was the IC pipe that goes onto the Throttle Body was coming off as the Jubilee clamp was falling apart. I have now replaced it but have not had the chance to do another test run.

Would this cause this problem if it was sucking in air from the outside rather than from the Turbo/IC pipe? Something to do with the pressure being different or the Air Temp sensor picking up different temps?

Will do a run tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks Ian :)

Think i mentioned this to you Ian.

One thing i found was the IC pipe that goes onto the Throttle Body was coming off as the Jubilee clamp was falling apart. I have now replaced it but have not had the chance to do another test run.

Would this cause this problem if it was sucking in air from the outside rather than from the Turbo/IC pipe? Something to do with the pressure being different or the Air Temp sensor picking up different temps?

Will do a run tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

my worry would be that You may have been getting a of bit of boost leak through it, especially at the higher numbers, which would mean the engine needing to work that little more harder on the runs to get 1.20bar than it would if when it wasnt leaking..

Marty, i am using a Aeromotive FPR with a gauge screwed into the side, so it is not monitored in car unforunately.

This FPR is less than a year old and the vac reference comes from the filter thingy (cant remember the name :)) from the Plenum.

I was gonna see if i could get a Electronic sensor and gauge so i can see if all is well when on boost. Just trying to find one with a 52 mm gauge to fit into the pillar pod that i will be getting.

Marty, i am using a Aeromotive FPR with a gauge screwed into the side, so it is not monitored in car unforunately.

This FPR is less than a year old and the vac reference comes from the filter thingy (cant remember the name :)) from the Plenum.

I was gonna see if i could get a Electronic sensor and gauge so i can see if all is well when on boost. Just trying to find one with a 52 mm gauge to fit into the pillar pod that i will be getting.

Vac source from the gas-filter on the the plenium, so its T'd with other things i guess. Though you could run from anywhere for the FPR as it isnt effected in the same way electronic pressure sensors are with vac/pressure pulsation (which the filter help eliminate). Though none of this would cause your problems.

Even with an in car gauge, accurate monitoring of fuel pressure can be a pain.

You can datalog fuel pressure from the Aeromotive quite easily though :)

1st you need a 5v reference pressure inducer, i get mine from here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/0-100-PSI-Pressure-Sensor-Transducer-Like-Honeywell_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ107058QQihZ013QQitemZ230063072859QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

ths is a 100psi one, but the are avilable in different pressure ranges.

this one outputs a LINEAR 0-5v range equal to 0-100psi

They can be used for monitoring/data logging oil and fuel pressure, autobox line presure etc etc.

As you use your emanage to datalog the Wideband 0-5v, you can connect the output signal from this pressure gauge instead of the wideband and datalog Fuel pressure.

It would be far more accurate than trying to get compariable readings over different runs using just an in car gauge IMHO

Marty

PS Thats if ians Software can be changed/hacked to show the o-5v voltage as Fuel pressure 0-100psi and not AFR's, you'd probably need to have a chat with him about that :-)

If he can, ive just found a spare sensor that i can loan you for a while if it helps Steve

true Ian.....The only things that i can think off that would effect duty cycle in open loop would be..

*Water temp circuit/signal

*AIT temp Circuit/signal

*TPS circuit/signal

*Maybe the Sub Throttle Circuit? not to sure on this though ECU does monitor it (VTA2)

*Slight Glitches in RPM signal (as its used to calculate Engine load) so Camshaft or Crankshaft position sensors/circuits.

(And the Completely off the ball one - STA signal, from the starter relay which increases duty for starting conditions though id say this would be a massive increase)

..................Process of elimination.........:blink: