The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK vs JDM Plenum, Throttle and Runners

dandan

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there are any differences beyween these setups please. (not vvt-i).

I am aware the UK's have the egr but assuming that is blocked off are these items interchangeable?

Also is there slightly less volume in the UK plenum owing to some of the egr passageways?

What about all the tubing, sensors and vsv's? I think the traction control hardware is different too but is it interchangeable?

Many thanks

I cant think why not. The bolt patterns are the same so they will bolt up.

Not sure about all the vac piping etc, but this wouldn't be much of a problem anyway. With the TRAC stuff, again I am not sure, but worse comes to worse, it can be all removed, which is benefical anyway.

Why do you want to do this though? :conf:

Syed,

I have a complete intake system from throttle all the way to injectors and fuel rail from a UK car.

I am considering doing some gas flowing inside the plenum and runners but am not sure whether to crack on with this one or try to swap it for a Jap one first.

Go with the one you have now. Whatever difference there is, it will be marginal, the stock intake mani from the UK/US models, has proven itself past 800HP.

Aside from that, you can get the EGR piping ground out, which will be near the point where the stock mani becomes a restriction itself.

Guest Usmann A

I have jap inlet sitting next to me, its only got one duct inside, and thats on the left side, I think its to feed the rear IAV.

Pics are too big to upload, sorry.

Thanks for the pics.

Looks to me like they are the same although I'll have to go out and bring mine in for a comparison as the pics are a little fuzzy :)

Not easy to photograph as there's parts in the foreground (throttle flange) confusing the focussing I'd imagine.

I'll let you know, thanks again................... :)

• 3 weeks later...