The mkiv Supra Owners Club

white paint dots all over car?

cookci

not sure how this has happened but it seems that somehow my car has got covered in little white dots of paint!!!

ive tried my finger nails and TCUT but had no luck! the only thing that gets them off is a metallic object!!!

has anyone any suggestions as to get the little things off short of a respray?!!

Have you driven by a road works or while road markings were painted? A girl at work did and there was nothing in our engineering/R & D/test labs that could get the stuff off without dissolving the car. It was muscle power and elbow grease. Sorry. [sAD][/sAD]

I had this on my car when my neighbour painted his house, so nice of him. Light blue dots all over one side. I managed to use an old credit card and very carefully lifted most of them off. Some seemed more stuck than others though :(

I had this from the neighbours as well. Threatened to sue his decorator, who paid for a professional clean up.

PS. Didnt like the neighbours and he was only tarting the house before he sold it. Decorator was from out of town so I wasnt too worried about repercussions. BUT the only car in the drive was a Sierra, so not too worried if it got vandalised.

Nothing happened though.

3 hours later and half a bottle of tcut ive managed to take the skin off my hands and the white bits off one side and the bonnet!!!!

think ill wait till tomorrow to do the other side because its getting too hot and the tcut doesnt come off!!!