The mkiv Supra Owners Club

damm deer's :(

tomcat

as some of you know im doing the modified gumball in June and things were going ok thinking to myelf my car should just about be ready (money being the main issue)

and what happens last night a bloody deer decides to run out infront of me, there wasnt alot i could do apart from brake hard and hope but the stupid thing run right infront of my car.

lucky is was only a baby and it died straight away from what i saw but still poor thing and my poor car/plans

i will be looking for a new bomex front bumper soon guys but prob not for a few weeks yet

fingers crossed i can still afford to do the modball.

aj

Oh deer!! :(

:rolleyes: thats my joke!! lol

I sympathise. If it makes you feel any better - I hit a deer several years ago, but I was on a Honda Fireblade doing 80mph. Ouch.

ouch! that hurt :blink:

cheers all i hope its sorted also.

got to get all my single turbo put on and rolling roaded yet also, moneys tight and i got no work either :(

aj

That makes 2 of us. Same speed but i was on my Aprillia. That hurt. :(

Actually - I've just realised I lied. It wasn't my Fireblade - that was nicked - it was my GSXR750.

The worst part was - I sold the bike afterwards as damaged. The rear subframe (behind the seat) was squashed, the fairing was obviously smashed to pieces, the forks looked slightly bent, there was a hole in one of the engine casings etc. etc.

I got a call several months later from somebody saying they had bought the bike, and it had been subsequently stolen. The insurance company wanted to talk to the previous owners, and mine was the last name on the log book so did I know who I'd sold it to? I didn't - but I asked what condition it was in when he'd bought it. He told me it was mint, metallic blue and had 10k miles on the clock.

I told him he was well shot of it. When I had it, I had just crashed into a deer, it was black and it had 30k miles on it.

There are some very unscrupulous people in the world.

Should have chucked it in the boot and sold it to your local butcher - nice bit of venison always goes down well :D

After I'd hit mine, I had to return a couple of hours later to collect the bike. There was a distinct lack of deer there - somebody had taken it home.

After I'd hit mine, I had to return a couple of hours later to collect the bike. There was a distinct lack of deer there - somebody had taken it home.

Strangely enough - it's illegal to pick it up if you hit it but you can pick it up if someone else hit it:Pling:

I have never been unlucky enough to hit a large animal......the odd rabbit and a couple of sparrows are my only confirmed kills but this post reminds me of an experience me and Vicki had about 12 years ago!

We had only been going out together for a few weeks but I was still showing off in my Cavalier SRi...:rolleyes: as a 19/20 yr old. We had gone for a bit of a spin and a bit of a grope in a secluded place etc.

I was doing about 75 - 80 when we went over the brow of a hill. The car took off slightly and as we touched down I noticed a cow in the middle of the road!!:blink: I jammed on hard and having no ABS the car locked up and slid slightly sideways. We stopped about 5 yards away from the cow, side on.

The look on it's face will stay with me forever!!:D She just looked at us with an very unimpressed expression and then walked back into the field she'd come from. Vicki and I just looked at each other and then pissed ourselves laughing.

Priceless!

H.

john i take it your doing the modball?

hopefuly see you in june if so :D

havard thats lucky but as you said funny, cheeky cow you should have tooted her to make her jump or somthing :S lol

lol chris its still there if you want it ;)

Strangely enough - it's illegal to pick it up if you hit it but you can pick it up if someone else hit it:Pling:

True. It's illegal to pick up your own roadkill deer but the next person along can take it home for tea. :rolleyes: