The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm surprised - but I miss my car

DaveK

Since the Supra is being serviced this week, I've been forced to use the 911 all week. I have mentioned recently that I was a bit disappointed with the Supra (partly because of the handling, but not only that) and was considering selling it and possibly buying another 911.

However - much as I love the Porsche - I haven't actually enjoyed driving it to work every day. It's a fairly short journey (about 7 miles), it's not really an opportunity for fun and at 7am / after a day's work I prefer having something that's a bit more relaxing to drive.

So - much to my surprise, I am missing the Supra and am looking forward to collecting it at the weekend. I am still not 100% sure whether I will keep it (even if the handling is sorted) - but if I don't, I'm more likely to be looking at BMW / Merc type cars than 911s.

I can feel myself getting older - I'm sure I wouldn't have felt this way a couple of years ago. :(

Just admit it Dave, we're much more exciting than the people on the 911 forum.

There is certainly a noticeable difference. Although if you want exciting, the OT section on the 911 forum is a scary place to be. It's extremely american and a day doesn't go by without them threatening each other.

Strangely enough I came over all "I'm too old to be driving a car like this" yesterday.

I think it was looking at the video of the Jap Meet at the Ace Cafe somewhere else on this site. I just kept thinking, kids eh.

I then started looking at Jags on autotrader and found a cracking looking XJR for around the right price.

Mentioned the XJR a couple of times to the wife last night and no go. She did point out that most blokes of my age (43, ouch!)would love a car like a supra but are so buried under kids and debt that they can't own one or can't afford to run one properly.

The XJR did look a bit tasty though.

Strangely enough I came over all "I'm too old to be driving a car like this" yesterday.

I think it was looking at the video of the Jap Meet at the Ace Cafe somewhere else on this site. I just kept thinking, kids eh.

I then started looking at Jags on autotrader and found a cracking looking XJR for around the right price.

Mentioned the XJR a couple of times to the wife last night and no go. She did point out that most blokes of my age (43, ouch!)would love a car like a supra but are so buried under kids and debt that they can't own one or can't afford to run one properly.

The XJR did look a bit tasty though.

Don't do it DaveM...:blink: That is your first step towards a pipe, slippers and a flat cap!!:D

I'll be driving my Supra until I physically can't get out of it. In which case I would be quite happy being stuck in there, I suppose the honeymoon does come to an end at some point!!

H.

Interesting that you should say that Dave, as my situation is similar but kind of in reverse. With my supra having been in the bodyshop now for 4 months, I've been using my BMW 840 as a daily driver (will be for sale soon), and I miss the supra for the sheer fun of driving it. I keep thinking "Maybe I'll go for a drive", looking out the window at this beautiful car & going "No, it's just not the same". At least the car's been painted, so it shouldn;t be long now ...:)

Very frustrating that Phoenix don't take card payments. I just called my credit card company - and they are about to refund the fraudulent transactions on my card. Unfortunate timing - since today, they took the full balance payment.

So - my credit card will now be about £600 in credit - but I can't use it to pay my Supra bill. Damn!