The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - Claims

wallace9

Has anyone got any experience of claiming through sky??

I was unlucky enough to write my Supra off and have made a claim through sky but it has been nearly 3 weeks now and I have still not recieved a settlement figure.

I have phoned to chase them up but keep being told it will be another week.

Yes very true. Just check my doc's there and it Endsligh who are dealing with it.

It's just killing me just now though. Having to pay for my own hire car because it was a write off. Don't think at the moment I'll be able to afford another supra!!

It’s not fair on you having to pay for a hire car whilst insurance companies mess you about. Its one of the reasons they like to write cars off that can be easily fixed as its costs more for the hire car, then the money they can get back from the remaining length of premium etc.

Hope you get paid soon.

You are moaning after 3 weeks? Jesus parting of the red sea spring to mind. ;) I have claimed for 2 cars 1 was a write off (in my youth I might add) and both were about 2 months to settle from start to finish.

Some plank reveresed into my Omega and it took 4 months got the money after 6 weeks, but the extra was there insurance claiming that they were not even made aware of the accident from there customer.

My Mrs wrote a car off (Direct Line)

Informed them Direct line of the accident

Within a few days they got it taken to a repairer

Within a few days after that got one of their people out to access the damage

Then made me an offer on the car

All in all from crash to offer a couple off weeks