The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what song moves you

supradibbs

Reading this thread has added quite a few to my list!!!

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (I can almost play the whole thing now on Guitar!)

Counting Crows - Colourblind

Guns N Roses - Don't Cry

Metallica - One

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (hate the Scissor Sisters for killing that)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Staind - Outside

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go

Delta Goodrem - Longer

Sounds like you've been borrowing my CD's Trev!

90% of those songs are on my list of favourites, great minds think alike!!;)

H.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great choices. I took up playing guitar purely for Nothing Else Matters, and then was amazed at how tricky it is.. Still battling on...

I know what you mean. I bought a violin after hearing the Peer Gynt suite by Grieg (The Hall of the Mountain Kings) and the pizzicato is a lot trickier than it sounds :p

'Meditation' From the Opera Thais.

My Dad used to play it on the violin beautifully (bless him), My Mum used to say my Dad made the violin cry lol, It was my Mums favourite and when my Mum Died we had a Violinist and a pianist at the funeral to play this song.

(We still have my Dads violin and i would love to learn to play it, but bit scared I'd break it)

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits.Agree with Trev (T. Bourner)

My favourite tear jerker lol, loved the video as well, bit like 'When The wind blows' same style of animation

We Are The Champions - Queen

I remember the day they had announced that Freddy Mercury had died, I was travelling home on the tube from work, a couple of people started singing it and 'everyone' joined in it was really moving, but the song reminded me of being in a kids home, My Brother and me used to sing it all the time, when it first came out.

Broken Wings - Mr Mr bit cheesy but I like it ...loads of others i like to cry along to but cant remember them at 5.30 am ha ha.