• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that word was banned!!:innocent:

If you want authentification for mine the Hovis will be toasted....:D

The word isn't banned, just the context of which it is used.

Dave (correct me if I'm wrong Dave) seems fairly ok with people oogling over his girlfriend so I'm guessing it wouldn't offend anyone.

Dave (correct me if I'm wrong Dave) seems fairly ok with people oogling over his girlfriend so I'm guessing it wouldn't offend anyone.

I need Dave to clarify this Charlotte...!

I am either going to be very gullable of very impressed. If that is his bird then where was it discussed before...:search:

H.

I use her pic as an avatar because I like looking at pics of her. Within reason, I have no problem with others seeing them (and oogling). There are limits - she gave me a desk calendar for 2006 and even one of them showed a little more than I was comfortable with - but I don't really have a problem with people seeing pics of her. And she doesn't either.

she was always manufactured pop.

:yeahthat: This. This. This. :yeahthat:

Release something that parents find entirely inexplicable, went the thinking, and kids will trample each other in the rush to buy it. Indeed, some observers have suggested that the reason the music industry is in crisis is because pop has stopped exploiting the generation gap. In 2004, most teenagers are said to be distinguishable from their parents only because of their acne: their tastes in music and clothes are supposedly identical.

Fourteen million people bought the 19-year-old Canadian's debut album Let Go, but unless you're a parent or a teacher, you are unlikely to know any of them intimately. Like downloadable colour wallpapers for your mobile and the continued television career of Vernon Kay, Lavigne is a total mystery to anyone over the age of 15.

Nearly everyone under of 15 appears to have swallowed the official line on Lavigne: that she is an authentic symbol of punk rebellion, a scowling refusenik antidote to manufactured production-line pop. Everyone else is perplexed, largely because she could be no more obviously manufactured if she had a barcode and a telephone number for customer services taped to her forehead.

The best-known songs on Let Go, including omnipresent singles Complicated and Sk8r Boi, were the work of the Matrix, a production team famed for working with such ungovernable forces of musical insurrection as Britney Spears, Ricky Martin and Pop Idol runner-up Darius Danesh. What's more, it showed: while Busted went to the trouble of making records that have some vague musical correspondence with punk, most of Let Go sounded exactly like mainstream stadium rock.

However, as legions of weary parents will tell you, angst-ridden adolescents are rarely that interesting, possessing neither the reckless self-loathing that inspired Iggy Pop nor Morrissey's mordant wit. In fact, they are exactly like this: boring, repetitious, self-obsessed, surly, uncommunicative. In that respect, at least, Avril Lavigne may well be the most authentic artist in pop.

I think she is a pretty girl and has matured from the earlier days. Maybe thats why she has moved away from that Emo / goth look.

Although that new song isn't the best in the world it has hypno appeal in that you listen to it on the radio on a daily basis like i do and you can't get it out of your head :D