The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happened to Avril Lavigne?

DaveK

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she was the greatest solo artist in the world, but her first album was pretty good.

But her current stuff is absolutely awful. "I could be your girlfriend" or whatever it's called sounds like manufactured pop at it's very worst. I saw the video on MTV the other day and she even looked totally manufactured - like she was trying to be the new Miss. Spears.

I thought artists were supposed to move FROM manufactured pop rubbish towards something with a bit more depth as (if) their careers progressed - not the other way around!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She won a Canadian talent competition similar to American Idol, she was always manufactured pop.

She was probably growing out her pubescent grunge at the time.

Really? I didn't know that. Well, at least she didn't used to sound like manufactured pop!

yeah not her normal stuff, aparrently she just wanted to have a laugh with this album, she is so damn fine! my no.1 girl! :drool::love:

[qimg]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h174/TDRAPER7/l_3294f1f4a53028a189771cf5872020dd.jpg[/qimg]

I'm clearly spoiled. I'd choose my g/f over her any day.

I am not sure whether "I would" or not!!

She looks so hot on occasions but whats going on with her teeth? She had a set of gnashers that could chew though steel if she so desired. :rolleyes:

And yes her first album was great but she's not done anything decent since...:blink:

H.

She looks so hot on occasions but whats going on with her teeth? She had a set of gnashers that could chew though steel if she so desired. :rolleyes:

And yes her first album was great but she's not done anything decent since...:blink:

H.

I didn't know dave's bird had an album out too.:eyebrows:

I know exactly what you mean. She's got such a pretty face, which is why I always thought it was a shame she never smiled. "Go on give us a smile, go on go on - Ah maybe not, don't bother!"

She won a talent competition? I assume it wasn't for her singing voice then? I like her songs and music, but live - terrible.