The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andorra V England tonight

MARTIN R

Im in the same boat. only watched 20 mins of the last match and literally fell asleep it was that dull. Really got better things to do tonight other than watch them. And on another note, how the hell does Frank Lampard command a starting place in his current form. Wed be much better with Steven Gerrard and Hargreaves in the middle and then 2 proper wingers like Lennon and Stewart Downing. Would have much better balance that way. Fat Fwank has been poor ever since before the world cup.

Lamps and Gerrard should not start, and its obvious who he should drop. Hargreaves is not starting tonight according to Sky Sports news:rolleyes:

Gerrard should start alongside hargreaves. Rooney shouldnt start as he is poor recently (and even ill admit that as a Utd fan) but unfortunately when you look at the alternatives up front id rather keep an out of form Rooney on than the others :rolleyes:

mclaren was never the right man, everyone moaned about sven but he qualified every time. lampard gerrard and rooney have all been poor lately, but its down to the manager to get them performing or change things, but who do you play instead? downing is not good enough at this level, as is johnson.

We need revolution not evolution-Mclaren was the latter and too close to Sven to get anyone excited. The guy seems tactically inept, passionless and clueless.

0 wins in 5.

1 goal in 5.

Cant wait for Owen to get back, just hope he's not lost what small burst of pace he had left.

Saying all that I'm going for 2-0 England win tonight.

We need revolution not evolution-Mclaren was the latter and too close to Sven to get anyone excited. The guy seems tactically inept, passionless and clueless.

0 wins in 5.

1 goal in 5.

Cant wait for Owen to get back, just hope he's not lost what small burst of pace he had left.

Saying all that I'm going for 2-0 England win tonight.

Owen wont bring anything extra to our attack unforuntaely. We have plenty of his type of strikers available. IMO Rooney, Owne, Defoe, Johnson are all of the same mold. They need a big target man to play alongside. Thats why Rooney plays shit for utd when asked to either play up front or on his own up front. Hes much better coming deep for the ball. We need shearer back, or someone with a ver similar style to play, and then we need 2 deffinate, natural wingers (Downing and Lennon for my money), then we need to drop Fat Fwank and play Hargreaves and Gerrard in the middle. Easy :)

Give McLaren some time. When he was manager of boro he started in similar fashion, it was a disaster. Then he got us our first cup, our highest ever Prem finish, and the UEFA cup final. PATIENCE please.

Very true.

...saying that I shall be going for a long run, eating a sandwich and then watching '300' with the missus...:)

I'm not wasting another 90 minutes of my life watching international football until 'them lazy gits' start giving a shit.

I listened to the radio on the weekend and one of the speakers made quite an interesting point. He suggested that should either Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson or Benitez resign tomorrow, Mclaren would not get on the shortlist for any of the jobs.

I had to agree too.

I rarely miss England games but I've missed the last three games due to other commitments.

I am actually in this evening and am looking forward to seeing exactly how bad the team have become.

From reports it sounds as if Lampard is out of it tonight (broken wrist) so we may finally have someone in central midfield who can score at international level.

I listened to the radio on the weekend and one of the speakers made quite an interesting point. He suggested that should either Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson or Benitez resign tomorrow, Mclaren would not get on the shortlist for any of the jobs.

I had to agree too.

that says it all. kevin keegan had the decency to know when he was beaten, time is a luxury england dont have. if they dont start winning they are out

Owen wont bring anything extra to our attack unforuntaely. We have plenty of his type of strikers available. IMO Rooney, Owne, Defoe, Johnson are all of the same mold.

Disagree with Rooney totally he's a different player.

Defoe and Johnson are good but never in the right place at the right time as much Mr Owen was/is. I could be proven wrong after his latest injury.

I find international football so boring, I can't see them losing to Andora though.

Why do England very rarely impress, the manager doesn't have to do any buying/selling and anywhere near the amount of work of a normal football manager and yet he cannot get them to do the business on the pitch.

Well its a yawn fest so far :rolleyes:

Yes this is true! I have watched that first half and can honestly say that I have had better body cavity searches......:(

Have a dilemma about the second half?? Either watch it or go and stick my dick in a wasps nest? :(

H.