The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Billing Dyno Graphs

SimonB

Thought I'd post up my dyno graphs from Billing. I'm running full decat + Nur spec exhaust, Walbro fuel pump (but no FSE or other adjustable pressure reg, so stock fuel pressure), Blitz FMIC, RPS lightweight FW, SouthBend Kevlar clutch. I haven't got a restrictor ring in there yet so I'm currently relying on my right foot and warning on the turbo timer boost gauge to keep it below 1.3 BAR. On the run these graphs show, Pete had to back off when the fuelling leaned out as it was hitting 1.4 BAR.

Obviously I'm going to put a restrictor ring in so I don't have to rely on my right foot. Then it's going to be an Emanage & associated bits & up the fuel pressure a bit with an adjustable regulator. Going to go for a Profec E01 at the same time, as it can control the Emanage and also log various parameters for 3 hours or so! :cool:. With the external signal harness you can buy a AEM UEGO wideband kit for $359US and log AFR too. Has anyone got the AEM UEGO wideband? It uses a Bosch sensor.

That might have to wait a bit though, spent far too much this year :(

Torque & Power:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/DynoJuly2004/TorqueVsPower.jpg

Torque & Fuelling :eek: :-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/DynoJuly2004/TorqueVsFuelling.jpg

Boost:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/DynoJuly2004/Boost.jpg

Nice one

Looks good Simon apart from the "weak" 13.0:1 mixture (for turbo motor). E-Manage and some UK injectors would no doubt be ample to sort you out there, but depends on future goals really.

429bhp at the hubs is not to be sniffed at, the only person to come close to that (I believe) was Baldy with 412 on stockers.

Is your ecu stock? Did you reset it before the runs? All done on Optimax?

One thing that impressed me was the non existent drop in boost pressure as no2 was coming online. I have a dip in the boost curve there of around 0.2bar I think. (I'll check)

1.5 bar though, that is a serious amount of boost for the stock turbos and manifold. Have you any form of intake or exhaust gas temperature measurement?

Any other mods? Water injection?

Dan

VVT-i Simon?

Your torque peak of 410lbft is at 5050rpm with about 1.45bar and 13.0 AFR.

My peak torque was 364lbft at 4573rpm with approx 1.28bar and a 11.2 AFR.

I think your 13.0 is gaining you a few ponies but really is dangerously lean under boost like that, especially 1.5bar !

It's not a VVTI, and using the standard ECU. Standard optimax, I didn't reset the ECU before, but I always use Optimax anyway. I've got an EGT gauge, but haven't got the sensor plumbed in yet! :( 1.46 BAR was the peak on that run, but like I say that's definitely too much boost - I keep it below that while driving, just haven't got round to getting a restrictor ring in there yet.