The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recomended.... Bridgestone Potenza's

JamieP

I have the eagle F1s on the front(to clear the water out the way)

and Bridgestone potenza so3s on the rear i have found this setup very good indeed! in the dry the bridgestones are really good and not bad in the wet either! i had cheap tyres on before so cannot really compare them to anything else!

the bridgestones have been on now for 10k and still have around 3/4k left in them! I do not drive like a girl! but then again never really had them smoking :eyebrows: but they have stood up very well to some hard driving!!

im finding they are wearing more in the centre than the edges, but was told this could be too much wheel spin:rolleyes: or over inflated tyres! i think its a bit of both as i found the best feeling tyre pressure was @ 38psi should really be 36!

so now im running them with 36psi to get the most out of the tread left!!

i was thinking of trying the f1s on the rear next but not to sure now??

i have been advised to replace them with pilot sports as these are said to be the best tyre out there?

hope that helps a little..

I had S03's at mine a while back, but be warned the sidewalls are very strong and this caused an issue when I needed new ones, had 5 guys on the job and they could not get the tyre on the rim, had to bring out the tyre gun (something they had never had to use before) and basically heat the whole tyre up to get it on the rim. So now only use Toyo Proxy T1-R's, a great tyre and well priced as well, I have the brand new model which is a duel compound tyre as well, softer in the middle for grip but the edges are a harder compound to last longer. Im very happy with them and would choose them over Bridgestones any day.

Anyone looking a new tyres i thought id recomend these.

They are miles better than the F1's i had on before, getting a lot less wheelspin:cool:

A Certain friend of mine ;) used to say these tyres were great on his subaru here last year and all you guys kept going on about goodyears being the best :p