The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated anti roll bars?

JamieP

Sorry, I disagree with that. If you uprate the front only you will get major understeer. Uprating the anti-roll bar won't have any effect on "getting the power down". Anti-roll bars only affect suspension loads on cornering. Too stiff and you can lift an inside wheel but it'd have to be very stiff indeed. You also lose some of the independance of the suspension, so if one wheel only hits a bump it's like having stiffer suspension and can be a bit more skittish.

I'd go for the TRD ones (and in fact I have! :)) they are a big improvement on track without being skittish and harsh on the road like stiffer suspension is.

I was about to say the TRD ones sound well balanced and get good reviews. The Titan ones are supposed to be good too, but let's stand back and look at the available evidence: Titan are known for drag racing, not circuit racing.

Whiteline also make them for the Supra, but again, ARBs are just about the ONLY product they make for the Supra, suggesting they don't really know the car...

Titan bars are FAR superior to Whiteline. Whiteline = budget stuff.

Too stiff a rear bar will hinder conrer exit traction. You can't rely on just sway bars for this reason. They are a great compliment to good shocks. But they also make a good comproise for a road car that is not interested in 10/10ths traction out of corners.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.