The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Define a "Welll Setup Single Supra"

jevansio

I think I've got all I need to know, good EMS with good tuner, I think I'm currently being swayed to the T61/GT4082 rather than the larger T67/GT4088, I want good response & mid range, & I'm not really bothered about chasing big hp, but I do want it to pull hard to the redline, don't want it to seem like it's running out of puff.

GT4088 is bang in the middle between a 61 and 67.:)

Iv been offered a T61 kit the full works, with downpipes etc, etc.

Now i was told as im running BPU, with FMIC, and a Fcon S, then all i would need is some bigger injectors, and the FconS mapped. Is this correct or is there more to it??

G.

Whatever Wez's gives :) He needs some serious suspension to use it effectively. Any *MORE* than he has and I'd want a total revamp of the suspension, myself. You can feel it rear steer as it is, due to compliance in bushes, subframe mounts, blah blah. Remove the compliance and the ride, noise levels and harshness will suffer badly.

People talk in mega horsepower figures so much these days, but even if you do have 700 HP it's no use if the car can't plant it effectively and safely.

Spot on!:)

Whatever Wez's gives :) He needs some serious suspension to use it effectively. Any *MORE* than he has and I'd want a total revamp of the suspension, myself. You can feel it rear steer as it is, due to compliance in bushes, subframe mounts, blah blah. Remove the compliance and the ride, noise levels and harshness will suffer badly.

I have a feeling my bonus will be going to Chris ;)

I had all the bushes replaced and poly ones used whre possible, along with stiffer anti roll bars. I dont get any rear steering that Im aware of.

What make bushes did you get?

I just brought a full powerflex poly bush kit (21 bushes)Looking forward to getting them fitted.

How has it impacted the ride quality on the road? Is it much harsher?

I have major wheel hop issue so am thinking of going to same route...

I think in your case you'll have to look at wheels, suspension, and bushes.. Im sure bushes would help.:)

My ride is a little less forgiving but I'm used to it now!

I think in your case you'll have to look at wheels, suspension, and bushes.. Im sure bushes would help.:)

My ride is a little less forgiving but I'm used to it now!

Thanks Robbie, I've changed pretty much everything else for new items so there's not much left! Bushes are the only thing I haven't touched but was concerned about the impact on ride quality as I sometimes do a lot of miles in the car.

anyway, back on topic... :D

I changed all the bushes in my last car and wished I hadn't.. I won't do it again.. it was a pita and only marginally benefits "on the edge" driving, on the rough lumpy backroads where I live I'd swear the stock bushes are better as soaking up the chop.. maybe on track..

I think suspension is a job for absolute experts, and the diy stuff we do can make things a lot worse..

You know, I'm not sure it's still on the car... I know he had custom front wishbones on it when I first saw it, but when I saw it the second time (cheque in hand) they had vanished replaced by oem ones... I had a look at them and they look like rubber.. the bush is internal.. terry will know for sure.

I have not checked the back. Either way the handling is good enough, and although it could probably be sharpened for track 90% of my driving is done on rough road, and this setup is the best I have had out of 4 previous setups I have owed, soaks up the chop well, and it is adjustble for track.

I still suffer from a lack of extension over sharp drops, which as far as I can make out seems to a common theme on the coilover shocks. But these cars arn't really supposed to do country roads like scoobies or evo's..

But I'm no suspension expert.. any experience I have gained is from limited experience, just because it diodn't work on mine doesn't mean it will not be better on someone elses with different setups.

Wez's. Well matched, set up and mapped, cast manifold, clean install, no fripperries, great mid range, good top end. At the limit of what the stock chassis can take without serious mods / money being spent.

I found this out first hand today. Great setup. Well done Wes